Sox and Angels, 3:05 pm CT

Jimmywins1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
Yet he's having a "great spring" and going to lead off with bad defense in CF. I'm hoping the Sox are just kidding. KW has to have something up his sleeve.

I believe he is going to hide in the shadows near the Angels locker room...when Figgins pops his head out, KW is going to chloroform him and keep him hostage until the LAAAAA of Anaheim agrees to let the Sox keep him for a rosin bag and a couple of churros.

Gavin with 0 issues through 2. Couple of longer fly balls that stayed in the park, that's it.

Kroeger makes an out. I think his hot streak has ended. He needs another one to make the team.

Beckham grounds out to Aybar.

Figgins steals a hit from Miller.

And now for a list of all the hitters with at least 20 spring AB and a higher OBP than Dewayne Wise . . .

Josh Fields, AJ Pierzynski, Chris Getz, Alexei Ramirez, Gordon Beckham, Michael Restovich, Wilson Betemit, Brian Anderson, Paul Konerko, Josh Kroeger, Carlos Quentin, Jerry Owens and Jermaine Dye.

That's 13 players, only 17 have at least 20 AB. The players behind Wise? Brent Lillibridge, Dayan Viciedo and Ben Broussard. So no major league hitters.

Look out Grady Sizemore, Curtis Granderson, Denard Span and Covelli Crisp there's a new leadoff man in town!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Damn. Lucy needs all the hits he can get to make this team.

Mike Napoli (the slow footed catcher) just stole second on Lucy, it wasn't his fault (Gavin doesn't even bother trying to hold him) but still.