Music Downloaders

Guest wsc425

Can't you guys still use Kazaa, or is it illegal now or something?  I thought I heard something about Americans being possibly fined for using Kazaa like software?

Americans being possibly fined for using Kazaa like software?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just your same old threats..their thinking of suing downloaders with a "significant" amount of downloads.. :lol:

Whatever :rolleyes:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Just your same old threats..their thinking of suing downloaders with a "significant" amount of downloads.. :lol:

They nailed a few college kids recently. The RIAA sued for $150,000 for EACH mp3.

Yeah that'll make them more popular. :rolleyes:

The RIAA claims that CD sales went down...because of mp3s and not because all the music they produce sucks massive amounts of donkey nutsack. Their claim doesn't hold water because independent record sales increased and their stuff can be found on the net in mp3s as well.

:finger RIAA and your lying fascistic bulls*** of price gouging kids for nearly $20 a CD.

I saw a college who is in trouble and he said sue me i got nothing, music industry had no problem screwing people for years now people beat the system, now they do not like it .....TOO BAD. Kazaa is registered overseas US cannot touch them in latest ruling and industry is crying like MADONNA and other s*** people I guess Millions of dollars is not enough for the greedy bastards. :fyou bleeding hearts

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

They nailed a few college kids recently. The RIAA sued for $150,000 for EACH mp3.

Yeah that'll make them more popular. :rolleyes:

The RIAA claims that CD sales went down...because of mp3s and not because all the music they produce sucks massive amounts of donkey nutsack. Their claim doesn't hold water because independent record sales increased and their stuff can be found on the net in mp3s as well.

:finger RIAA and your lying fascistic bulls*** of price gouging kids for nearly $20 a CD.

I always hear this "$20 for a CD" argument, and it's such BS. I've NEVER seen a CD for $20 (unless it's some rare thing or a 2-disc set), and even then, it's at high-priced places like Sam Goody or the Wherehouse. If you shop at Best Buy or Fry's, you will NOT see the CD's for anything above $14.

I always hear this "$20 for a CD" argument, and it's such BS.  I've NEVER seen a CD for $20 (unless it's some rare thing or a 2-disc set), and even then, it's at high-priced places like Sam Goody or the Wherehouse.  If you shop at Best Buy or Fry's, you will NOT see the CD's for anything above $14.

Saw the Murderdolls CD at Tower for $18.99 - that's pretty close to 20.

Bought it at a used CD store for $8.99 - that's more like it.

Used CD stores are the way to go.

Most of the $14 CDs at Best Buy are 14-dollar piles of mule s***.

To answer the original question, if you're not looking for anything specific, just trying to find music at random, try record labels sites like vagrant.com or epitaph.com. I also go to sites like blabbermouth.net ( for metal mp3s ) and punkbands.com ( for............well, punk ).

I always hear this "$20 for a CD" argument, and it's such BS.  I've NEVER seen a CD for $20 (unless it's some rare thing or a 2-disc set), and even then, it's at high-priced places like Sam Goody or the Wherehouse.  If you shop at Best Buy or Fry's, you will NOT see the CD's for anything above $14.

To answer the original question, if you're not looking for anything specific, just trying to find music at random, try record labels sites like vagrant.com or epitaph.com. I also go to sites like blabbermouth.net ( for metal mp3s ) and punkbands.com ( for............well, punk ).

Every time a new release comes out, BB has it for $10.99, I think it is. Anyone who pays $18 for a CD is a sap.

Every time a new release comes out, BB has it for $10.99, I think it is. Anyone who pays $18 for a CD is a sap.

Correction, anyone who pays anything for a CD is a sap.

Um, no. I have NO problems paying $12 or so for a CD of an artist that I like. I do not advocate stealing a musicians' work -- but that's a topic that I shall not get into.

Just stopped in there Saturday morning and all the "hot releases" are $17.99.

Is the market price changed based on location? I remember shopping in Florida at Best Buy and they were near $20 there as well. I don't recall anything current anywhere near $12. Even at Target they are $17.

Um, no. I have NO problems paying $12 or so for a CD of an artist that I like. I do not advocate stealing a musicians' work -- but that's a topic that I shall not get into.

I'd have no problem either if it wasn't available for free. However, since it is, I am not going to pay for it. To me, it's common sense. To others, it could be labeled a lot of different things...

Just stopped in there Saturday morning and all the "hot releases" are $17.99.

Is the market price changed based on location? I remember shopping in Florida at Best Buy and they were near $20 there as well. I don't recall anything current anywhere near $12. Even at Target they are $17.

CD's at Target around here are all under $15 and are as low as $10 for some new releases...

there are some dem representatives who want to put downloaders in jail. having worked in record stores, the problem usually isnt the retailer, but the distrubtor and label who make huge markups in transition.

If you see a new record for 14.99 on sale, chances are the wholesale cost per piece was 14.50. Mall stores mark up more because they get better deals and can get away with it. I know Im sick of paying 20 bucks for a cd with one good song and 12 crap ones. Bring back the single, Id gladly buy those!

i dont mind buying cd's because i know all the songs are the best quality, i like supporting the artist or label anyway. and if you people are buying cd's with only 1 or 2 good songs and 12 crap ones you are not really researching them enough before you buy them.