Has KW addressed the leadoff problem?

DaTank

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/1677

PHOENIX _ Is there a White Sox trade coming today?

That’s the rumor as the Sox prepare to face the Oakland A’s in a Cactus League game.

As was expressed here a few days ago, the White Sox need a reliable leadoff hitter, and it looks like GM Kenny Williams has addressed the problem.

Stay tuned.

per Gregor

Any ideas?

Edited by jenks45monster

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
Words would not describe my anger if we got Juan Pierre and called that a solution.

I wouldn't mind him as much as some would. I don't care about his s***y OBP. When he gets on, he is a major threat and one of the fastest players in the game. As long as LA eats a lot of the money owed to him, I'm fine with him as our leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
I wouldn't mind him as much as some would. I don't care about his s***y OBP. When he gets on, he is a major threat and one of the fastest players in the game. As long as LA eats a lot of the money owed to him, I'm fine with him as our leadoff hitter.

I think it would piss you off if a guy hit a flyball for a sacrifice fly in fairly deep CF scoring a guy from second. Pierre cannot be a CF. I agree he's a big threat to steal when he gets on and he puts the ball in play so runners on base when he bats generally will move along, but the low OBP + the unbelievable bad arm (he makes Lance Johnson look like Roberto Clemente) is too much to take on IMO, although Ozzie loves him from their Florida days.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
Words would not describe my anger if we got Juan Pierre and called that a solution.

Am I missing something on Pierre? He reaches base far more often than any of our current CFs and can still run at will. His contract sucks, but if LA is to move him, they would have to eat a lot of that money. Pierre is far more valuable than Owens or Wise to this team (not to mention, it would signify the end of the Jerry Owens era). I would welcome a deal for Pierre.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
I think it would piss you off if a guy hit a flyball for a sacrifice fly in fairly deep CF scoring a guy from second. Pierre cannot be a CF. I agree he's a big threat to steal when he gets on and he puts the ball in play so runners on base when he bats generally will move along, but the low OBP + the unbelievable bad arm (he makes Lance Johnson look like Roberto Clemente) is too much to take on IMO, although Ozzie loves him from their Florida days.

+1, Pierre's plus speed fails to make up for what he lacks. Pop, Patience, Range, and an arm.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
Funny thing is.. I had a dream a couple days ago we aquired him and he was mashing for us.

Whats up with all the wet dream talk around here today? lol

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 05:17 PM)
We don't have a leadoff problem. Jerry Owens and Dewayne Wise have one.

Getz can lead off just fine, and Lexi can hit 2-slot.

Who is this Lexi guy everyone keeps bringing up? Seriously, his name is Alexei and it doesn't rhyme with sexy.