Yanks got Benitiz

Jordan4life_2003

God I hate the f***in Yankees.  I wouldn't be surprised if they dug up Babe Ruth from the grave and resigned him....

Don't worry I don't think Benitez was that huge of an acquisition. They didn't give up too much for them and that makes me believe that most teams don't put much value into Benitez.

The Mets are certainly restocking their minor league system with the trades for Benitez, Burnitz, and,  of course, Bobbie Alomar.

Cutting salary and stocking up for the future. Sounds like a "White Flag" to me. I like it. They don't have anything to play for this year.

Cutting salary and stocking up for the future. Sounds like a "White Flag" to me. I like it. They don't have anything to play for this year.

They're not even close to first place. Hence, it's a form of a White Flag trade, not a true White Flag trade though. A true White Flag Trade, like the one the Sox pulled off in '97, is trading away players when you're 3 games out of first with 2 months of baseball left in the season and your owner declares, "We have no chance of catching Cleveland."

I guess having a .500 team in early July that was 4-5 games out of first place that choked against cellar dwellers is different though :bang. Man, do we have an asshole running this Organization.