Chris Stewart traded to NYY

justBLAZE

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 07:10 AM)
Well, I haven't seen official word on this, and Lucy is still in camp. So I wouldn't call it a done deal yet. If they were sure, then why didn't they send Lucy over to the minor league camp when they send Flowers and Armstrong over?

Not that I think Lucy will light it up in the majors, but, playing part time against mostly LH pitching, I'm fairly certain he'd out-hit Miller by a lot, and give you solid defense as well.

Lucy is probably still in camp just to have an extra body behind the plate.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 12:06 PM)
Since 2003, Corky has a .122 BA in the major leagues. Lucy even with 1 kneecap is probably a better option.
Lucy has one knee cap due to his accident last year. wow ,he seemed ok catching at spring training \, bad break. As for corky batting .122 previously he seems to be hitting the ball well this spring. corky will not get a lot of infield hits due to his lack of speed. If I could describe his physique I would have to say just imagine Barney Rubble running. Corky does have a great arm. hard to say as of right now how well he calls games. I was under the assumption that Lucy among our minor league catchers Don was the best. Armstrong, batting left is blocked by AJ but I have to say the one homerun I saw him hit was very impressive right center and at least a 435 foot job. Flowers another good bat seemed a little over matched and a little raw at catching but was adequate on the day i watched him. We have a lot of talent at the catchers position but when they will be ready is another question.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 08:49 PM)
It's amazing how he did nothing to upgrade the CF/leadoff position or the back-up catching position. Like you said, he basically did the near impossible this offseason.

im still trying to figure that out. its not like there werent options out there. were they great? probly not but id still take crisp,taveras, etc over them

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 03:39 PM)
im still trying to figure that out. its not like there werent options out there. were they great? probly not but id still take crisp,taveras, etc over them

Its not just a matter of finding pieces. Its a question of what those pieces costs, in players and/or salary, and how that fits into your budget, as well as the value equation (where the money could be used elsewhere more effectively).

QUOTE (forrestg @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)
sorry going back to the original post "future considerations" what does that mean? another minor leaguer or is the value of future considerations have to do with how Stewart is valued after he goes to the yankees? A draft pick what or when does the yankees have to give back. do we have a choice now or are we offered something later.

Somewhere between a bag of balls and a cheap Stogie. :gosoxretro: