White Sox - Indians @ Goodyear AZ, 3:05 CT, CSN

justBLAZE

You have to have MLB.TV, right?

Fields perfect bunt single to start the inning...batting .415 and climbing. Anderson .261, Wise .275 and Owens .208 (but something like 10 walks), so his OBP is pretty decent.

BA fails to make contact on a hit-and-run and gets Fields thrown out, then he promptly K's. Yet another reason BA shouldn't be batting anywhere near the top of the order, he just doesn't have the required "small ball" skills.

And Lillibridge, please wake up and try to look like an offensive threat for a change.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
so do we think Pronk was on PED's?

good god i was wondering where the rest of him went....

seriously though it looked like someone stuck hafner with a pin and he deflated

Awwww, Fields caught stealing by a mile. I like to see action on the basepaths like that, though. With Fields, Getz, and Alexei being the type of guys who would run if they think there's an opportunity, I'm very excited to watch this year's offense, VERY excited.

It was a hit-and-run...BA failed to make contact, not a straight steal.

Peralta, perhaps the worst SS defensively in the American League, ironically stops the player that we're going to carry 90% for his speed/versatility/defense in Lillibridge.

Edited by caulfield12

The Indians' announcers are really impressed with Poreda. Said his fastball seems to have late life, that, like Thornton, he looks deceptively-fast...and that he's successfully gotten into the kitchen of 3 hitters already. Made the comment he (Thornton) just needed to challenge hitters with that stuff and stop nibbling and just go after hitters.

Has anyone heard that Poreda might be leading Marquez for the last spot in the pen now? Is Carasco still perceived as a sure-thing to make the OD roster?

Edited by caulfield12

Getz is freaking awesome! I'm completely sold on him. I feel 100% confident with him in the lineup and playing 2nd base.

Same with Fields.

Those two guys are gonna impress people this year. I like them cause they are not flashy players, and are sometimes overlooked, but they get the job done.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
his location is what has impressed me so far...getting in on guys hands and shattering some lumber

Has he started to develop his other pitches though and do the Sox think of him as a reliever or starter? I think those are the main questions with Poreda. His jamming of hitters (even when giving up hits) has been impressive for sure.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
I don't think so at all. I just think he's falling victim to a bad rash of injuries and natural declination due to age.

Now Andruw Jones, that's someone I think was on PEDs.

Travis Hafner came out of nowhere and grew quickly and then became an injury machine now he has shrunken. The doubts of PED's to Hafner are probably as comparable as wheather Sosa did them.

Also I think Poreda goes to AAA to work on becoming a starter as he could be a top of the rotation guy. I think he will not get enough work out of the pen.

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
In the offseason, the trick is that you have to locate them manually, using the calendar on the http://www.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/ site. After you navigate to the correct date, you can find the links.

Here is the link for today's game http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?g...chamlb_clemlb_1

Thanks!

Was that ball hit by Getz an error by Gimenez or a double? Guess they called it an error.

Haven't seen the ruling...I guess he shattered his bat on the inside fastball and ended up helicoptering the barrel down the line, distracting the fielder...but the ball did go between his legs.

Getz always seems to do something positive, with the walks, hustle, speed..."little things."

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
Was that ball hit by Getz an error by Gimenez or a double?

Haven't seen the ruling...I guess he shattered his bat on the inside fastball and ended up helicoptering the barrel down the line, distracting the fielder...but the ball did go between his legs.

Getz always seems to do something positive, with the walks, hustle, speed..."little things."

should have been an error