White Sox - Indians @ Goodyear AZ, 3:05 CT, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
Travis Hafner came out of nowhere and grew quickly and then became an injury machine now he has shrunken. The doubts of PED's to Hafner are probably as comparable as wheather Sosa did them.

Holy crap. This is the first I have seen Hafner and he is Ivan Rodriguez skinny now.

Poreda sometimes is crisp with that slider and other times he kind of just "flips" it up there...Ozzie isn't going to have much patience with 4 walks in one inning, especially when two of them were the bottom hitters in the line-up.

Poreda isn't going to have the luxury to work on that slider in pressure situations in the big leagues...needs more seasoning.

Looks like Russell and MacDougal are still under consideration for that final spot in the bullpen.

And it sucks, but Wise and Owens bringing nothing to the table defensively almost forces the hand of the White Sox to stick BA out there....Wise playing 60-75% of the time in CF just has disaster written all over it. To beat a dead argument into the ground, I would have much preferred Willy Taveras to the mess we're looking at.

I'm almost to the point where I'd be open to seeing more of Lillibridge out there, but we haven't seen much of that, at least yet.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Poreda sometimes is crisp with that slider and other times he kind of just "flips" it up there...Ozzie isn't going to have much patience with 4 walks in one inning, especially when two of them were the bottom hitters in the line-up.

Poreda isn't going to have the luxury to work on that slider in pressure situations in the big leagues...needs more seasoning.

Looks like Russell and MacDougal are still under consideration for that final spot in the bullpen.

And it sucks, but Wise and Owens bringing nothing to the table defensively almost forces the hand of the White Sox to stick BA out there....Wise playing 60-75% of the time in CF just has disaster written all over it. To beat a dead argument into the ground, I would have much preferred Willy Taveras to the mess we're looking at.

I'm almost to the point where I'd be open to seeing more of Lillibridge out there, but we haven't seen much of that, at least yet.

Lillibridge makes Wise/Owens and Anderson look like Barry Bonds. Putting him out there is pointless right now. You must might as well have Anderson out there catching everything, over the rest of the no hit crew.

Just saw this note from Mark Gonzalez on the Trib site...

Colon to pitch Wednesday vs. Oakland for White Sox

PHOENIX -- The White Sox switched plans and will now start Bartolo Colon on Wednesday against Oakland instead of in a minor league game.

"Now it's time to go to the next step with him and get the adrenaline going," pitching coach Don Cooper said.

Jose Contreras will follow Colon.