Top places seen and to see...

southsider2k5

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 08:52 AM)
Hmm this is actually quite hard;

So what are the top 5 things that you have seen in your life, and the top things that you still want to see? It can be anything from an event, to a place, or whatever else you desire...

Been to

1. Aussie Rules Grand Final in Melbourne at a stadium filled to 100,000 capacity where my team won for the first time since 1963.

2. Grand Canyon

3. Central Park filled with snow in the Winter Time.

4. The view from the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur.

5. The Great Wall in Beijing.

6. A White Sox game at the Cell.

7. Great Barrier Reef

Want to go to

1. London

2. Sweden (or somewhere in the Scandanavian region)

3. Germany / Oktoberfest

4. A Dallas Cowboys Home game at their new stadium.

5. Statue of Liberty (will be doing this before I leave New York in 2 weeks). :crying

Andrew, you should see that place. Holy crap is it big. One of the writers here affectionately calls it the "Boss Hawg Bowl". :lol: I love that name.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 07:52 AM)
Hmm this is actually quite hard;

So what are the top 5 things that you have seen in your life, and the top things that you still want to see? It can be anything from an event, to a place, or whatever else you desire...

Been to

1. Aussie Rules Grand Final in Melbourne at a stadium filled to 100,000 capacity where my team won for the first time since 1963.

2. Grand Canyon

3. Central Park filled with snow in the Winter Time.

4. The view from the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur.

5. The Great Wall in Beijing.

6. A White Sox game at the Cell.

7. Great Barrier Reef

Want to go to

1. London

2. Sweden (or somewhere in the Scandanavian region)

3. Germany / Oktoberfest

4. A Dallas Cowboys Home game at their new stadium.

5. Statue of Liberty (will be doing this before I leave New York in 2 weeks). :crying

A few tips on the Statue of Lib.

Go EARLY. Line up about an hour before the first ferry leaves, otherwise the wait can be brutal

It's not worth it to climb inside to the top of the statue. When you get to the observation point, the windows are tiny.

Have fun.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 08:36 AM)
Seen:

I'll be in Puerto Rico in 2 weeks, and I'm planning on seeing the old Spanish fort that's a World Heritage Site and the Arecibo radio telescope (the big dish thing in Goldeneye).

The one in San Juan? San Cristobal I think? I was there last summer as an excursion on a cruise through the Caribbean. It's pretty cool.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
The one in San Juan? San Cristobal I think? I was there last summer as an excursion on a cruise through the Caribbean. It's pretty cool.

Yeah, its in Old San Juan.

I'll be hitting up the Bacardi distillery across the harbor, too! :headbang

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 10:40 AM)
Andrew, you should see that place. Holy crap is it big. One of the writers here affectionately calls it the "Boss Hawg Bowl". :lol: I love that name.

Yeah I was going to go to the Giants vs. Cowboys game here at Meadowlands, but that was when Romo got hurt, and there was no way I was forking out $175 to go see Brad Johnson try and throw the ball over 10 yards for a few hours. :lol:

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Yeah, its in Old San Juan.

I'll be hitting up the Bacardi distillery across the harbor, too! :headbang

Word of advice...it's not as cool as it sounds. When we first read about that excursion it was the first thing we signed up for. When you get there you get a couple free drinks outside and then take a "tour" via a projection movie then go into a couple replica rooms. To be honest, it was somewhat disappointing.

To everybody who said they want to see Alaska, I highly recommend it. I spent two weeks there last year. Flew into Anchorage and hitchhiked around the Kenai Penninsula. We got there on the first day of summer so it never really got dark. We hiked on a glacier, kayaked in the ocean where we see whales surfacing, watched salmon spawn, had bald eagles fly right over my head, saw moose walking right through town, encounterd 4 bears in the wild including a grizzly from about 25' away. Oh my god, it was incredible, writing about it makes me want to get back there as soon as possible. I'm not sure how much I would like the winters, but the summer was amazing and I only saw a small part of the state.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)
To everybody who said they want to see Alaska, I highly recommend it. I spent two weeks there last year. Flew into Anchorage and hitchhiked around the Kenai Penninsula. We got there on the first day of summer so it never really got dark. We hiked on a glacier, kayaked in the ocean where we see whales surfacing, watched salmon spawn, had bald eagles fly right over my head, saw moose walking right through town, encounterd 4 bears in the wild including a grizzly from about 25' away. Oh my god, it was incredible, writing about it makes me want to get back there as soon as possible. I'm not sure how much I would like the winters, but the summer was amazing and I only saw a small part of the state.

I went on a cruise 2 summers ago and it was awesome. Our ports were Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and Victoria (which is in Canada). It's like a whole different world up there. Everything is so clean. Juneau was great but Skagway was unreal. I saw glaciers, whales, bears, moose, and seals just randomly while standing out on the balcony going from port to port.