White Sox vs Arizona 3-26 spring game

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot to overcome....potentially the worst defensive team (replacing CLE) in the division, the worst baserunning (certainly the slowest) and then the complete lack of fundamentals.

At least Getz has been a bright light so far, and hopefully Konerko can follow-up his hot start and approach of focusing on hitting the ball up the middle and to the right side into a good April/May start. Isn't he due for a nice season, it's an odd year?

Don't tell me Thome got thrown out too trying to stretch his hit into a double? That looks a lot like the last few seasons, 3 hits and one run in an inning.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
A lot to overcome....potentially the worst defensive team (replacing CLE) in the division, the worst baserunning (certainly the slowest) and then the complete lack of fundamentals.

At least Getz has been a bright light so far, and hopefully Konerko can follow-up his hot start and approach of focusing on hitting the ball up the middle and to the right side into a good April/May start. Isn't he due for a nice season, it's an odd year?

He was terrible in '03 and '07.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Don't tell me Thome got thrown out too trying to stretch his hit into a double? That looks a lot like the last few seasons, 3 hits and one run in an inning.

Nope, tried to take 2nd on a wild pitch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
Nope, tried to take 2nd on a wild pitch.

Along with leading the Cactus League in errors, we must have at least 15 (probably more) "mental errors" on the basepaths this spring, and we can't blame the minor leaguers for most of them (not to mention the horrible success rate on steals). Being aggressive is one thing...but the White Sox have run themselves out of countless innings this spring. Hopefully it won't carry over into the regular season.

At least Marquez is starting some sort of streak of giving up runs every appearance...I think his days are now numbered as well, just like Poreda (despite him being KW's "prize catch" of the off-season, along with Viciedo and Flowers).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
For some reason, I thought he was like Bret Saberhagen and always did well every other year...at any rate, Konerko is definitely due for one last solid .280-30-100 season in his career with a .375 OBP and .525 SLG at least.

Saberhagen never had a bad year in his career...

Farnsworth would best fit your description of bad to good from 2000 until 2006... even though his 2006 he was slightly above average.

Actually farnsworth had a couple atrocious years in that span.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
Hawk and Stone not exactly glowing about Marquez. Makes me think he's not going to be on the 25 man roster to start the year.

I think he should be starting in Charlotte, but, I've gotten the impression he's a lock for the pen.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
He is piss poor all around, what else is there to expect.

That's only if you choose to acknowledge his -12 OPS+ since 2004.

His 37% CS% led me to believe that he can throw a little.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
A negative OPS+??? I didn't think that was possible.

That's what happens when you go 13 for 142 over a 5 year span. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he doesn't get a hit this season.