White Sox vs Arizona 3-26 spring game

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
He can throw, there is no doubt, he also calls a very solid game. That is the only reason he ever got a chance, was not his overwhelming offensive talent.

Supposedly he has 90 stolen bases against in the minors and threw out 53, good for 37% like you said.

In the majors he is at 33%, 38 stolen bases against to the 19 he threw out.

I wish caught stealing percentage numbers were kept track of in the minors better. I really want to know where baseball cube (boy are they unreliable many times) got corky's 43 % cs% in 2004. They credit him with 35 caught stealing in 81 attempts... get this... for the cincinnati reds. That might be possible if not for him only playing 12 games in the majors that particular season. They could have possibly meant those numbers for the minors, but he only caught 54 games that season in triple a, which would just be a god damn ridiculous rate for the staff to get run on... especially if he was throwing them out at the rate baseball cube claims.

I am just leary of any minor league cs# numbers, that is all.

Baseball Reference has him down for 46 stolen bases against and 27 caught stealing, good for 37% CS in his big league career. The problem I see comes from his rookie year in 2001, BR has 8 SB to 8 CS in 16 GS and 139 INN but ESPN has him at 16 GS, 0 INN and 0 SB/0CS. Corky's DT Card on BP also has 8 SB and 8 CS for 2001 so I'm thinking ESPN f***ed up on this one. You'd think they'd make sure to accurately display something as important as Corky Miller's career fielding statistics.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
Based on the pitches I've seen him throw and the coaching staff we have in place. He has a nice sinker and change. His curve will occassionaly float which hurts him and left handed hitters can take him the other way with ease. He is a few small adjustments away from being a big league pitcher IMO.

I agree. He's got pretty good sinker. Today was the first time I saw him all spring and while he still needs work, he's got some good movement.