For those in the know

southsider2k5

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in the know, but I am willing to bet that Cameron stays in Seattle. Great fans and a great place to play. They're also pretty good if you haven't noticed.

In terms of salary, I could see Cameron making around $8 million a season at the most and possibly settling for $6 or $7 mil per season in a long term deal, but I could be wrong.

I made a comment about this before the season even started. Don't think I got even one nibble of a reply.

After the way Cam found out about his trade to Cincy.. do you think he'd want to come back here?

As for where he goes next.. I'd guess he stays put. But if he had a choice Atlanta would be ideal for him. Not cause they need a CF'er.. but cause all his family is there.

I made a comment about this before the season even started. Don't think I got even one nibble of a reply.

After the way Cam found out about his trade to Cincy.. do you think he'd want to come back here?

As for where he goes next.. I'd guess he stays put. But if he had a choice Atlanta would be ideal for him. Not cause they need a CF'er.. but cause all his family is there.

Honestly I don't know anything about how his trade went over, that is why I asked. I just know Mike's D would be a god send right now for this team.

Honestly I don't know anything about how his trade went over, that is why I asked.  I just know Mike's D would be a god send right now for this team.

Especially the way he hits in this park.

Honestly I don't know anything about how his trade went over, that is why I asked. I just know Mike's D would be a god send right now for this team.

He was sent to winter ball 4 days before his first child was due to be born - and there were complications and his fiance had been on bed rest for the last 7 weeks. He asked to delay for a week and he was told no. Two days after he was there she went into labor. He was told he could not leave. The day after his daughter was born while watching ESPN he found out about his trade on the ticker running across the bottom of the screen. When he got to Cincy he found out that the deal for Paul was in the works for "a couple weeks". There was no need for him to ever be sent to winter ball. His D would be great. But the fans of this team would murder him because of his K's.

Honestly I don't know anything about how his trade went over, that is why I asked.  I just know Mike's D would be a god send right now for this team.

Especially the way he hits in this park.

I don't think he'd hit like that if he played FOR us. It's a definite rush when he plays here because he hates the management so much.

He was sent to winter ball 4 days before his first child was due to be born - and there were complications and his fiance had been on bed rest for the last 7 weeks. He asked to delay for a week and he was told no. Two days after he was there she went into labor. He was told he could not leave. The day after his daughter was born while watching ESPN he found out about his trade on the ticker running across the bottom of the screen. When he got to Cincy he found out that the deal for Paul was in the works for "a couple weeks". There was no need for him to ever be sent to winter ball. His D would be great. But the fans of this team would murder him because of his K's.

I was just going to say, he strikes out way too much.

:o Geesh. Who is the idiot in this organization who keeps doing this s***? We have a legacy of being assholes. And why do we keep doing it?

:o Geesh. Who is the idiot in this organization who keeps doing this s***? We have a legacy of being assholes. And why do we keep doing it?

I'm guessing it was Schueler. I'm glad he is gone. As long as this thread is for people in the know, I have a question. If the White Sox are looking for a GM after this season, would they consider bringing Schueler back? I know JR had stated that he could be GM as long as he wanted a few years back, and he looks like he wants to do it again. I don't know if he burned any bridges, I can only hope he has.

He found out he was traded on the ESPN ticker? LMAO!!

This team is an embarrassment. First we screw Carlton Fisk, possibly the greatest catcher ever. Then we screw Mike Cameron. I mean come on! We kept the poor guy from seeing his first child come into being. Geez, we just screwed Fisk over in the baseball world. We screw Mike in life. Thats sad. If you did that to me I definitely wouldnt come back... :(

This team is an embarrassment. First we screw Carlton Fisk, possibly the greatest catcher ever. Then we screw Mike Cameron. I mean come on! We kept the poor guy from seeing his first child come into being. Geez, we just screwed Fisk over in the baseball world. We screw Mike in life. Thats sad. If you did that to me I definitely wouldnt come back... :(

We've screwed a lot more then just them 2.

To say that the Sox "kept him from seeing his son be born" is a bit of a stretch. I don't care who I'm working for or how much money I'm making when the day comes for my wife to give birth, there is NO WAY IN HELL I am not going to be there.

To say that the Sox "kept him from seeing his son be born" is a bit of a stretch.  I don't care who I'm working for or how much money I'm making when the day comes for my wife to give birth, there is NO WAY IN HELL I am not going to be there.

A lot more then you think miss important things in their lives when they aren't making the big $ yet. Frank had to change the date of the Christening of his first child because of a Sox appearence he just HAD to make.

We've screwed a lot more then just them 2.

I know. I just couldnt think of any others off the top of my head. I dont know why we put up with this management. Great, JR respects Frank. That doesnt matter. When people think of their bosses as evil, they probably think of the White Sox. Its sick how much crap this organization has done. Get JR outta there, get KW outta there. Not only do these guys not give a flying flip about the team, their ruthless disgraces as well...

A lot more then you think miss important things in their lives when they aren't making the big $ yet. Frank had to change the date of the Christening of his first child because of a Sox appearence he just HAD to make.

Can't say I exactly know what a Christening is, but I'm quite certain it isn't more important than the birth itself. And I wouldn't care if I was in Game 7 of the WS -- I would not miss my child being born.

But changing the date isn't that bad...at least he didn't have to miss out. :)

Can't say I exactly know what a Christening is, but I'm quite certain it isn't more important than the birth itself.  And I wouldn't care if I was in Game 7 of the WS -- I would not miss my child being born.

But changing the date isn't that bad...at least he didn't have to miss out.  :)

You don't know what a christening is...? :huh:

And changing the date IS a big deal to the Church.

To say that the Sox "kept him from seeing his son be born" is a bit of a stretch.  I don't care who I'm working for or how much money I'm making when the day comes for my wife to give birth, there is NO WAY IN HELL I am not going to be there.

Right on, cluj!!! :headbang