Guillen: Sox not going outside org. for CF

caulfield12

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)
I would LOVE to give Josh Anderson a shot here. He stole over 40 bases in the past 5 minor league seasons. And he hit for an average of .294 in 40 games with the big league team last year.

He is 26 years old, and the Braves seem to be leaning toward Schafer as their every day CF.

So far this spring, JA is hitting .286 with 2 HR, a triple and 7 RBI. He is 2-2 in SBs. His OBP is only .298 so he would like be at the bottom of the order if KW looks into a deal like this. I'd be cool with an Anderson duo platoon.. . Its much better than having Wise or Owens out there.

I'd like that too.

I'm fine with Anderson getting a shot every day.

I'm fine with an Anderson platoon if the other guy can play CF.

I'm fine with a trade for another full-time starting CF, as long as that guy can also play defense, and as long as that guy is either very cheap in terms of talent, or very expensive in terms of talent but acts as a long-term solution.

The only thing I'm not fine with is a bad LF in CF. I hope the Sox don't follow that formula, and if Josh Anderson is out there, and we can get him for the Links and Santelizes of the world instead of the Allens and Danks' and Poredas, then I make that deal.

Link definitely, but Santeliz and Rodriguez both have a chance to be special. Link is a pitcher we talked about a lot in the offseason and he's been totally off the radar screen (more than Egbert and Broadway), seemingly from the very beginning of ST.

Plus, it'd be nice to see our 2nd Venezuelan pitcher (after Garcia) make the big league team.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
I'd like that too.

I'm fine with Anderson getting a shot every day.

I'm fine with an Anderson platoon if the other guy can play CF.

I'm fine with a trade for another full-time starting CF, as long as that guy can also play defense, and as long as that guy is either very cheap in terms of talent, or very expensive in terms of talent but acts as a long-term solution.

The only thing I'm not fine with is a bad LF in CF. I hope the Sox don't follow that formula, and if Josh Anderson is out there, and we can get him for the Links and Santelizes of the world instead of the Allens and Danks' and Poredas, then I make that deal.

You summed it up perfectly... all I DON'T want is prolly what KW will do: Try and stick a LF in CF.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 28, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
Per MLBTradeRumors, the Braves are in fact looking to deal Josh Anderson and the Sox are named as a possible destination. He shouldn't cost anything all that significant (no top prospects) and would be a much better platoon option than Wise, if it is true that we are looking at a Brian Anderson/Wise platoon.

i also saw that the yankees named gardner their cfer. doesnt that make melky expendable? the sox should really try to get him

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
i also saw that the yankees named gardner their cfer. doesnt that make melky expendable? the sox should really try to get him

If the Yankees want him as a 4th outfielder, they'll keep him. I'm sure that's the thought process going on right now.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
Damn it.

My sentiments exactly. Darrow is a righthanded sidearmer who throws in the low 90's but was in A and AA last year. Doesn't seem like a lot to give up Anderson since he was out of options. Comparing Wise and Anderson: Both are lefty. Anderson is faster , a better gloveman, better OBP , better bunter , just as much power, steals more, and younger by 5 years than Wise. Looks like an improvement to me though we constantly hear KW tell us that there's nothing better out there.