Let Daddy Tell Ya a Little Somethin'...

Here's a few things I've noticed in my drafts, and since I am done I will release my knowledge in case any of you have some late ones scheduled.

Clayton Kershaw

I have no idea why IDIOTS out there are not more all over this kid. He's going to be a top ten starting pitcher this year. Think of the run support, plus his natural progression. I'm calling 17 wins and he's going like pick 140 (to me) in every draft. Last year was a primer, this year he busts out. Just look to his 20/4 K/BB ratio in Spring. IDIOTS.

Matt Wieters

I've seen people dropping this kid. They are nuts. He's probably the best catcher in baseball right now, but the Orioles are (smartly) playing the arb clock game with him. Draft him and patch him with a guy like AJ or Kelly Shoppach for a month and a half and then laugh as you have the best catcher from then on...

Closers

I laugh anytime someone takes a closer before like round 14. Guys like Hanrahan, Motte, and Devine can be had super late. HILARIOUS!

Elijah Dukes

He's going undrafted in a lot of leagues, which is ridonk. Sure, he's a nutjob, but he's also a nutjob who has a job all to his own this year and will easily put up 25/25, if not 30/30. RIDONK I SAY!

Nick Adenhart

I know he's had elbow problems in the past... but he's having a solid Spring and he certainly has a job all to his own with Santana and Escobar out of the rotation. Buy now, and worst-case you drop him. The upside far outweighs the risk of taking him in the 2nd to last round of your draft.

There's a lot more, but these are the glaring problems. Also, if some dork drops David Price in your league, pick him up.

Tell me something I don't know ;)

I'll pass on Dukes. Ton of outfielders you can get late that can put up some nice numbers such as Milledge, Pacman, Snider for starters.

Have been drafting Motte since news first broke, Lyon is also a guy nobody thinks about.

I for one have been biting on Carp or Bedard in drafts just because of the possible breakout year that could come from either of them at that ADP.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
Milledge, Pacman, Snider for starters

Eh, any of them can be had around the same time. I'll take the bonus steals that come with Dukes anyday.

I mean, you say good luck with Dukes hitting .260, yet he hit .264 last year (and wowsa, Milledge at .268 and Jones at .270 didn't exactly kill). Any are solid options, but Dukes is the only one who will go 25/25.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
Clayton Kershaw

I have no idea why IDIOTS out there are not more all over this kid. He's going to be a top ten starting pitcher this year. Think of the run support, plus his natural progression. I'm calling 17 wins and he's going like pick 140 (to me) in every draft. Last year was a primer, this year he busts out. Just look to his 20/4 K/BB ratio in Spring. IDIOTS.

Steve, you got some issues.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
I like Kershaw A LOT. That's why i drafted the kid. That curveball was sent by the gods, Floyd's can't even touch that thing.

Hopefully, he doesn't have Kerry Wood curveball issues.

He's throwing it too much, IMO, at an awfully young age.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
Nick Adenhart

I know he's had elbow problems in the past... but he's having a solid Spring and he certainly has a job all to his own with Santana and Escobar out of the rotation. Buy now, and worst-case you drop him. The upside far outweighs the risk of taking him in the 2nd to last round of your draft.

:crying :pray

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)
Here's a few things I've noticed in my drafts, and since I am done I will release my knowledge in case any of you have some late ones scheduled.

Clayton Kershaw

Matt Wieters

I've seen people dropping this kid. They are nuts. He's probably the best catcher in baseball right now, but the Orioles are (smartly) playing the arb clock game with him. Draft him and patch him with a guy like AJ or Kelly Shoppach for a month and a half and then laugh as you have the best catcher from then on...

Closers

I laugh anytime someone takes a closer before like round 14. Guys like Hanrahan, Motte, and Devine can be had super late. HILARIOUS!

Elijah Dukes

He's going undrafted in a lot of leagues, which is ridonk. Sure, he's a nutjob, but he's also a nutjob who has a job all to his own this year and will easily put up 25/25, if not 30/30. RIDONK I SAY!

Nick Adenhart

There's a lot more, but these are the glaring problems. Also, if some dork drops David Price in your league, pick him up.

It is downright hillarious how bad things are going for your predictions only three games into the season. Jinx city!

Kershaw: Looked Fine

Wieters: AAA

Hanrahan: Looked Fine

Devine: Most likely out for season

Motte: Roughed up and might have lost job

Dukes: Not starting

Adenhart: Deceased

Price: AAA

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
I could not forsee Dr. James A. Andrews getting the call, and Motte will be fine.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)
It is downright hillarious how bad things are going for your predictions only three games into the season. Jinx city!

Wieters: AAA

Devine: Most likely out for season

Motte: Roughed up and might have lost job

Adenhart: Deceased

Price: AAA

He was taken out tonight/yesterday in the ninth after he gave up two singles with a 2 run lead, he only recorded one out.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)

Wieters: AAA if you read the post I said laugh and take him because he'll be up by mid-May

Devine: Most likely out for season I should have seen it coming.

Motte: Roughed up and might have lost job We're 4 games in, I wouldn't bet on that just yet, though he does seem to suck

Adenhart: Deceased I should have seen it coming.

Price: AAA if you read the post I said laugh and take him because he'll be up by mid-May