How many errors between Alexei and Josh combined for 2009?

Cubano

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (Cubano @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)
Good catch!

Then, we can rise to the top once more. 3B was horrendus in 2008 with 33 errors! If Fields surpass 33 errors, then close the stadium doors until next season. I think Alexei will make 25 errors or so. I am not counting mental errors.

This turned out to be a pretty accurate thread Cubano, except the fact that Fields got demoted.

Alexei could be an elite SS if he wasn't so erratic.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
This turned out to be a pretty accurate thread Cubano, except the fact that Fields got demoted.

Alexei could be an elite SS if he wasn't so erratic.

The good thing was it was his first year playing it at a professional level so it should be expected.

Hawk is the mouthpiece for the organization, and you could tell he is disgusted with Alexei in the field. Not his ability, but his mental approach. He sees Alexei takes some plays off and last night non chalanted a ball to first on a routine grounder, making the play very close. Konerko has probably saved him between 5 and 10 errors on throws in the dirt.

The mistakes he is making aren't due to a lack of experience at the position, but are due to not being mentally involved in the game, which for a SS, is brutal. Last year, Ramirez seemed like a real clever baseball player. Now, at least defensively, he's all flash and no substance. Hawk digs on him vaguely almost daily now. It makes me think he better pull his head out of his ass quickly if he wants to remain the White Sox SS. I'm sure they have talked with him and probably tried a lot of different things to get his head in the game on defense, but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe his success has gone to his head.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 07:56 AM)
Hawk is the mouthpiece for the organization, and you could tell he is disgusted with Alexei in the field. Not his ability, but his mental approach. He sees Alexei takes some plays off and last night non chalanted a ball to first on a routine grounder, making the play very close. Konerko has probably saved him between 5 and 10 errors on throws in the dirt.

The mistakes he is making aren't due to a lack of experience at the position, but are due to not being mentally involved in the game, which for a SS, is brutal. Last year, Ramirez seemed like a real clever baseball player. Now, at least defensively, he's all flash and no substance. Hawk digs on him vaguely almost daily now. It makes me think he better pull his head out of his ass quickly if he wants to remain the White Sox SS. I'm sure they have talked with him and probably tried a lot of different things to get his head in the game on defense, but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe his success has gone to his head.

Alexei play on the throwout to second was a play only alexei could've made. A play last night involved ALexei taking a throw to the shortstop side of second base but with Alexei's long arms he swept his arm to get a tag down for a throwout by ajp. He's not all bad.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 10:57 AM)
Alexei play on the throwout to second was a play only alexei could've made. A play last night involved ALexei taking a throw to the shortstop side of second base but with Alexei's long arms he swept his arm to get a tag down for a throwout by ajp. He's not all bad.

Of course he's not all bad, no one denies his physical ability. It gets mitigated by his mental errors and lazy plays. I wouldn't say he has a loafing attitude out there, but like Dick Allen said, he doesn't seem to be completely in the action.