The Back-up Catcher Poll

maggsmaggs

Back-up Catcher  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the back-up catcher Donny Lucy or or Corky Miller?

• Lucy
    • Miller

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
Hey man, I don't know. For all I know, he's got hundreds of tattoos all over his body, and if he does have "gang related" tattoos, who knows if they're on his arms?

True, although my response was to the implication that the tribal stuff on his arms was somehow "gang related." It's entirely possible that he does have gang tattoos somewhere else.

Edited by JPN366

Gonzales in the Trib said again the job is Miller's, and yet Ozzie said recently it was still a competition, and Lucy is still in major league camp. Not sure if this is just for coverage, or to get an extended look at Lucy, or what. But I am still clinging to that slim hope that they'll carry Lucy instead of Miller.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 07:47 AM)
Gonzales in the Trib said again the job is Miller's, and yet Ozzie said recently it was still a competition, and Lucy is still in major league camp. Not sure if this is just for coverage, or to get an extended look at Lucy, or what. But I am still clinging to that slim hope that they'll carry Lucy instead of Miller.

I truly do not know who it will be to replace miller... but there is a very limited chance he sticks the entire season. Both miller and lucy are garbage, lucky to even be considered fodder at this point..

Lucy has a career .258 average to go along with a .683/.684 ops is 337 games. Lucy is also 26, has a bum knee, and he has played a grand total of 39 games above double a.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 08:14 AM)
I truly do not know who it will be to replace miller... but there is a very limited chance he sticks the entire season. Both miller and lucy are garbage, lucky to even be considered fodder at this point..

Lucy has a career .258 average to go along with a .683/.684 ops is 337 games. Lucy is also 26, has a bum knee, and he has played a grand total of 39 games above double a.

Lucy is probably not starting material in the majors, though stranger things have happened. But as a backup C, he's a solid defender (was plus, but we'll be more conservative after the injury), is cheap, and hits RH which is a nice opposite for AJ. Also, even if he can't put up better than a 684 OPS against mostly lefties, he'd still hit better than Miller.

Eventually, its Flowers. But Lucy works as a backup, IMO.