Big brother takes another step forward

EvilMonkey

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 10:38 AM)
I think the problem with that is they've "illegalized" encryption in these cases. I know that's a made up word, but it is what it is. Under the guise of "national security" they can force you to give up your encrypted passwords, and if you refuse they can outright confiscate said device(s) for an unspecified amount of time.

Welcome to 1984 in 2009.

Well they have to know that I have an encrypted virtual machine on my system. And that is easy enough to hide. :ph34r:

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
Well they have to know that I have an encrypted virtual machine on my system. And that is easy enough to hide. :ph34r:

Well, now that *I* know you have that encrypted and hidden virtual machine on your system, and as the customs agent you will undoubtedly run into, I'm confiscating your iPOD, laptop, cell phone and any other technology you carry.

TYVM.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 11:10 AM)
Well, now that *I* know you have that encrypted and hidden virtual machine on your system, and as the customs agent you will undoubtedly run into, I'm confiscating your iPOD, laptop, cell phone and any other technology you carry.

TYVM.

Then my business trip becomes a vacation. Cool for me. Can't work, customs stole my crap. :)

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)
Then my business trip becomes a vacation. Cool for me. Can't work, customs stole my crap. :)

While you wouldn't care, and customs probably wouldn't care -- I'm betting whatever company you worked for would care.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 10:38 AM)
I think the problem with that is they've "illegalized" encryption in these cases. I know that's a made up word, but it is what it is. Under the guise of "national security" they can force you to give up your encrypted passwords, and if you refuse they can outright confiscate said device(s) for an unspecified amount of time.

Welcome to 1984 in 2009.

f*** them. use some crazy ass operating system they can't figure out. you'll never get my mp3's OBAMA!