Dewayne Wise Named Full-time Starting CF/Leadoff hitter

Kalapse

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 01:21 PM)
No. Q hits 3rd, and his awesomeness projects to the spots around him and absorbs fear in a bell curve shaped pattern.

And the legend of Carlos "Gaussian" Quentin is born.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (almagest @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 06:25 AM)
So if you're not defending Wise as the lead off hitter, but think Getz might not be able to do it, who should leadoff?

Alexei-->Getz (that was intended to be an arrow, not a "greater than" sign - edit)

Alexei is not the typical leadoff hitter at all, he doesn't take pitches ... but his aggressiveness and speed on the paths I think would be better for colder weather as a transition to Getz. And because of Alexei's history of being moved around in Cuba, I think he is so tough mentally he would do it for the team.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 10:44 AM)
Alexei->Getz

Alexei is not the typical leadoff hitter at all, he doesn't take pitches ... but his aggressiveness and speed on the paths I think would be better for colder weather as a transition to Getz. And because of Alexei's history of being moved around in Cuba, I think he is so tough mentally he would do it for the team.

I love the idea of batting Getz-Alexei 1-2 in the order.

Have Getz see alot of pitches and get on consistently (as he has done in his entire career).

Then Alexei seeing a steady diet of fastball strikes batting in the 2-spot with Q protecting him.

I think we'd put up a boat-load of runs early in games if that happens.

Ozzie-Kenny, are you listening? Please... please make it happen.