Bartolo Colon's fat f***ing ass is no longer MLB quality...

Steve9347

This joke has to end.

Get this fat turd off the f***ing mound. Now.

I really am starting to believe, as much as I love Kenny, TCQ, Danksy etc... this team might not win 80 games.

Disclaimer: This in no way nullifies my "we'll win the World Series" post. The Sox have no centerfielder and Colon would rather eat a Big Mac than get someone out.

Fix it, and we're alright.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 12:08 AM)
You been drinking again "big daddy" Steve, or is this your sober thread? ;)

maybe a lil bit.

daddy likes to suck back on the ol' cough medicine ever now n then, G.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 02:13 AM)
These fat pitchers are a joke. They should be forced to get in shape before they step on a big league mound. I wonder if they'll bunt him out of the league like they did poor Wilbur Wood.

Yeah, CC Sabathia is a joke

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 07:10 AM)
Yeah, CC Sabathia is a joke

I was truly trying to hold back, but you made me.

The heaviest cy young winner in history... by a decent margain too..

bobby-jenks-pink-goatee.jpg

Only the second fastest in major league baseball history to record 100 saves (187 games) to kaz sasaki (160 games).

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 07:44 AM)
I was truly trying to hold back, but you made me.

The heaviest cy young winner in history... by a decent margain too..

bobby-jenks-pink-goatee.jpg

Only the second fastest in major league baseball history to record 100 saves (187 games) to kaz sasaki (160 games).

There are fat pitchers that suck just like there are skinny pitchers that suck. David Wells made quite a career out of being fat as well(minus his time with the Sox of course).

Colon looked as if he was only going through the motions anyways.

Coop said he didn't care about the results either, and it was just about Colon getting the work in.

But on yesterday's form (even though he was probably only pitching at about 40-50%), he still has a LONG way to go unfortunately.

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 12:24 AM)
I trust Colon more on the mound than Richard at this point....

Yup, me too.

Guy just had elbow surgery, give him a little time to get the feel back for pitching as well as build up strength in his arm. He showed last season that he still could bring it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 08:27 AM)
Yup, me too.

Guy just had elbow surgery, give him a little time to get the feel back for pitching as well as build up strength in his arm. He showed last season that he still could bring it.

I wasn't really clamoring for an in-house option, I was really calling out KW for not going out and getting a better option (see Jon Garland).

Let's start the Garland debate again!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 02:13 AM)
These fat pitchers are a joke. They should be forced to get in shape before they step on a big league mound. I wonder if they'll bunt him out of the league like they did poor Wilbur Wood.

Colon got bunted out of the park 10 years ago when he was on the team, I recall a game against the Cubs we were down 6-0 in the first thanks to Colon not being able to move, thankfully C Lee hit a GS to win it.

Colon and Richard are both terrible, we need another starter, KW and JR know it, I think 80 wins is about right with the way things are going, if the team starts out hot they had better be ready to make some upgrades pretty quickly.

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
Colon got bunted out of the park 10 years ago when he was on the team, I recall a game against the Cubs we were down 6-0 in the first thanks to Colon not being able to move, thankfully C Lee hit a GS to win it.

Colon and Richard are both terrible, we need another starter, KW and JR know it, I think 80 wins is about right with the way things are going, if the team starts out hot they had better be ready to make some upgrades pretty quickly.

naw i'm pretty sure that was David Wells that started that game.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 09:21 AM)
naw i'm pretty sure that was David Wells that started that game.

It was and he was gone before the end of the first inning. The White Sox eventually won that game, but when anyone gets to land some shots at Colon's body, facts shouldn't stand in the way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 08:51 AM)
So has anyone said if Colon was actually "pitching" yesterday? Was he featuring all of his pitches or just working on one? Was he throwing his fastball in the 90's or in the 80's? Was he using his out pitches?

why is this relevant? Colon is fat, and therefore, bad. try and keep up

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 08:51 AM)
So has anyone said if Colon was actually "pitching" yesterday? Was he featuring all of his pitches or just working on one? Was he throwing his fastball in the 90's or in the 80's? Was he using his out pitches?

Colon and Contreras both topped out at 93 yesterday, which is a good sign. Also, keep in mind that they both started late in spring training and the hitters are well ahead of them right now. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if they are both working on a particular pitch, or throwing to a certain side of the plate. Hitters will pick up on these things.

Looks like it is going to be a fun year around here. Excuse me while I shuffle over to the general baseball section and post why Prince Fielder should be released.

The Sox should have just signed John Smoltz and been done with it. He is a tremendous athlete, great hockey player, even better golfer. As far as fielding bunts....well short of the uber athletic Greg Maddux, there was none better.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 10:34 AM)
Looks like it is going to be a fun year around here. Excuse me while I shuffle over to the general baseball section and post why Prince Fielder should be released.

The Sox should have just signed John Smoltz and been done with it. He is a tremendous athlete, great hockey player, even better golfer. As far as fielding bunts....well short of the uber athletic Greg Maddux, there was none better.

Wasnt Glavine the hockey player?