Bartolo Colon's fat f***ing ass is no longer MLB quality...

Steve9347

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 07:44 AM)
I was truly trying to hold back, but you made me.

The heaviest cy young winner in history... by a decent margain too..

bobby-jenks-pink-goatee.jpg

Only the second fastest in major league baseball history to record 100 saves (187 games) to kaz sasaki (160 games).

Lamar Hoyt was pretty big when he won the Cy Young for the Sox.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
Lamar Hoyt was pretty big when he won the Cy Young for the Sox.

He was anywhere from 50 to 70 pounds lighter than sabathia. The big differential is due to their height difference, hoyt is 6'1 compared to sabathia who is 6'7.

I'm reserving judgment on Colon and Jose (and subsequently the management's decision to go with them in the rotation), until atleast mid-may when they've got 4-5 starts each under their belts.

For some reason, I've got a good feeling about them both putting up 13-15 wins this year. Nothing groundbreaking, but they'll keep us in games.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)
worth noting that he got lit up by the angels, who are the spring version of the '31 yankees. they've been lighting up everyone.

I kinda feel that when it comes to pitchers, that spring training is not a good measure of how they'll perform in the season. For all we know, Colon was probably not putting in much effort since it was only a spring training game and he was just working on some pitches and "putting some work in".

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 08:17 AM)
Today we can all agree Bartolo deserves credit. Nice job.

I'm with you on that. I saw Colon as a pitcher on Saturday and not just a hard thrower. He did a grat job and I hope he can continue

Colon's biggest asset yesterday was that he didnt look like he was afraid to throw the ball over the plate. And when he was ahead in the count, the next pitches were at least close enough for the batter to consider swinging at, unlike some of the Sox other pitchers whoe 0-2 fastballs end up in the opposite batters box. Good job for game 1 Colon, now build on that!