Something to Cheer the Downers up

chw42

I know things aren't looking too well. But hey, it's baseball season and we all should be excited. As bad as it looks, things might end up okay. Well, maybe they won't...but here's something that'll get your pumped for baseball season again, I know it did for me. Certainly brings back the good memories of last season.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 09:39 AM)
I know things aren't looking too well. But hey, it's baseball season and we all should be excited. As bad as it looks, things might end up okay. Well, maybe they won't...but here's something that'll get your pumped for baseball season again, I know it did for me. Certainly brings back the good memories of last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcnxsqBiPDk

I may not agree with all the moves so far, but I'm still excited about this team and the upcoming season. I think this team will be fun to watch and could be a real pleasant surprise. Let's play ball! :headbang

The best part is when Alexei hit the slam against Detroit. I exaggerated that a lot in the video (I had three straight frames with him putting his hands up right after he hit the ball, a pump fist while running the bases, and him jumping on Konerko).

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
i'm not worried yet. it seems that most years by the end of st we've convinced ourselves the sox are doomed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would say ALL years, except 2006.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would say ALL years, except 2006.

yeah, 06 is what made me change my initial post from "all" to "most." i felt pretty good that year.

either way, there are legitimate flaws in this team. centerfield, lead-off, the back-end of the rotation, and my biggest worry, the defense.

that said, if you look around the division you'd be hard-pressed to find a team that doesn't have just as many concerns. so, we'll just have to play those 162 after all.