Ross Gload Traded

Heads22

I luve me some Ross Gload. I may be this site's second biggest Gloadite (other than the guy whose username is GLOAD IS GOD).

His stint as a starter in KC wasn't what I thought he'd do. I think he just didn't get his chance until it was too late in his career.

But, he's still a nice bench piece if you need a 1B/OF who can hit righties well (actually only slightly better than he hits lefties), PH for a decent average, and give you a little speed. Defense is a bit below average in the OF but not nearly as bad as was made out here, and he's plus at 1B.

Also, fun fact - Ross Gload's career OPS with the bases loaded is 1.112, and is .820 w/ RISP.

Good luck, Ross!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
I luve me some Ross Gload. I may be this site's second biggest Gloadite (other than the guy whose username is GLOAD IS GOD).

His stint as a starter in KC wasn't what I thought he'd do. I think he just didn't get his chance until it was too late in his career.

But, he's still a nice bench piece if you need a 1B/OF who can hit righties well (actually only slightly better than he hits lefties), PH for a decent average, and give you a little speed. Defense is a bit below average in the OF but not nearly as bad as was made out here, and he's plus at 1B.

Also, fun fact - Ross Gload's career OPS with the bases loaded is 1.112, and is .820 w/ RISP.

Good luck, Ross!

i loved Ross and wish him the best - but I'm ultra happy he wont be killing us anymore.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)

Good luck, Ross!

Quality Post. I Luve me some Gload too.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
He used to single the s*** out of us. He sucks as a first baseman

Gotta disagree with you here. Ross had far better range than most others at 1B, stretched better than most, made few errors (upper half FPct over the years among 1B), and could throw pretty well. He doesn't do the scoop as well as PK, but then neither do most. Not sure what else you want from a 1B on defense.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:44 AM)
I've always felt that Gload got screwed in '05. I also thought that he would have looked great on the '07 team leading off and playing LF. You know, instead of gonzalez.

He's not really a leadoff guy, he doesn't draw walks (though he would have been better than Gonzalez because ANYONE would have been). He's a 2-hole or bottom of the order guy, who makes good contact, can hit to all fields but will pull when needed.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 08:18 AM)
Gotta disagree with you here. Ross had far better range than most others at 1B, stretched better than most, made few errors (upper half FPct over the years among 1B), and could throw pretty well. He doesn't do the scoop as well as PK, but then neither do most. Not sure what else you want from a 1B on defense.

I think he meant because of his offense he sucks as a 1B, Gload has very little power and 1B being a huge power position and all.