MLB.tv

DABearSoX

Just got a new computer that I can hookup to my TV so looks like I will be going the MLB.tv route this year rather than the ripoff that is MLB extra innings. Just wondering for you that have had it is the premium version worth the extra money? I dont have an HDTV nor do I really care about other games that are on until we're in the hunt.

Is it worth the extra 30 bucks to get to listen to hawk and stone every game?

How is Extra Innings a rip off? I love it and will miss it this year since it seems UVerse won't be getting it.

I'll be getting MLB.tv like last year, but I couldn't hook it up to my TV for some reason. Just didn't work smoothly.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 04:05 PM)
How is Extra Innings a rip off? I love it and will miss it this year since it seems UVerse won't be getting it.

It's really not. Having the ability to flip to Vin Scully most any Spring night at 9:30 is absolutely priceless.

b/c every year the price goes up like 25 bucks...I think I paid like 2 bills last year...purchasing it when I was a college student really set me back...

mlb.tv basic is 80 bucks....for the same services extra innings offers...

Premium is great. Odd that I have Cleveland and Texas on and Lewin hasn't talked for like 10 minutes. Just ambience of the game.

Nevermind. It's the Cleveland feed with no announcers.

Edited by Brian

Premium gives you a chance to watch the feed in HD if available. You have to have a good comp and fast connection, but the picture quality is incredible.

Plus you can choose which broadcast you want to watch. It's awesome.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 01:10 PM)
Premium gives you a chance to watch the feed in HD if available. You have to have a good comp and fast connection, but the picture quality is incredible.

Plus you can choose which broadcast you want to watch. It's awesome.

Love that you dont have to close game down to switch feeds. Nice drop down menu.

HD quality is so good it even looks good when I plug into my tv.

So the HD quality is really good? If so, I might cancel it on my cable and switch it over. Do I need an HD compatible computer though or is it okay as long as the TV Screen I hook it up to is HD? Also, have they fixed the buffering issues and all that. I have a connection that is way faster than necessary for the premium but always seemed to have problems (I'm over a wireless internet).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
So the HD quality is really good? If so, I might cancel it on my cable and switch it over. Do I need an HD compatible computer though or is it okay as long as the TV Screen I hook it up to is HD? Also, have they fixed the buffering issues and all that. I have a connection that is way faster than necessary for the premium but always seemed to have problems (I'm over a wireless internet).

You can control the quality of your pic, HD or not. Mine was freeaing up and I dropped it down a few bars and it is fine.

You would probably need an HDMI cable to go from your computer to your TV to do what you want.