BEARS GET CUTLER!!!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
I think we need a solid #1 or #2. Hester is long range and Olsen is not a #1 WR. So, we need just one piece. If Bennett is that, then so be it. If it's a draft pick or Holt, it works for me.

I want to amend that, Cutler threw for over 4500 yards with nothing special at WR. Some good players, but not "OMG". So, he could do well with the guys we have.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
I want to amend that, Cutler threw for over 4500 yards with nothing special at WR. Some good players, but not "OMG". So, he could do well with the guys we have.

Brandon Marshall is one of the top WR's in the league. YOu could argue that Cutler makes him better, but he's no slouch. Eddie Royal was a youngster that was brilliant. Again, Cutler might have helped but he had weapons. He had little running game though.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8048557c

2:47.......Hester was that open about 5 times this year and orton missed him....if Cutler can make that throw once a game Hester is going to be extraordinarily dangerous..

very true. Hester can out run any DB in the league. After last year, i really wanted him back as a return man... now, not so much.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:41 PM)

But Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are way better than Devin Hester and whoever we're putting at #2.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:43 PM)
Brandon Marshall is one of the top WR's in the league. YOu could argue that Cutler makes him better, but he's no slouch. Eddie Royal was a youngster that was brilliant. Again, Cutler might have helped but he had weapons. He had little running game though.

kinda my point. Good, but how much is cutler and how much is individual tallent? Hard to tell.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)

I just checked the data...turns out that Denver had more rushing yards and more ypc than Chicago did last year by quite a bit. They were at 4.8 ypc, 12th in the league in rushing yards total.

Now of course, one can certainly argue that they were able to rush more because their offense was more open with a solid QB, wasn't facing 8 man fronts, wasn't regularly going 3 and out because they had the ability to convert on 3rd down. They may not have had a premier back, but they picked up quite a bit more yardage than the Bears.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
kinda my point. Good, but how much is cutler and how much is individual tallent? Hard to tell.

This will actually be an interesting experiment in that regard. You can argue that a QB doesn't have a shot unless he has good WR, good O-Line, etc. But you can also argue that a good QB makes average WR look a lot better. We will see.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 11:46 PM)
I just checked the data...turns out that Denver had more rushing yards and more ypc than Chicago did last year by quite a bit. They were at 4.8 ypc, 12th in the league in rushing yards total.

Now of course, one can certainly argue that they were able to rush more because their offense was more open with a solid QB, wasn't facing 8 man fronts, wasn't regularly going 3 and out because they had the ability to convert on 3rd down. They may not have had a premier back, but they picked up quite a bit more yardage than the Bears.

you would most certainly make that argument. But keep in mind, not that the AFC West defenses were amazing, but the NFC has pretty weak d with the exception of a few. The entire north is pretty weak. The west is very weak. The east has some talent and the south is a joke. So, he's got a lot of teams he can exploit.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
This will actually be an interesting experiment in that regard. You can argue that a QB doesn't have a shot unless he has good WR, good O-Line, etc. But you can also argue that a good QB makes average WR look a lot better. We will see.

Indeed we will see, and that's freaking AWESOME!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 06:41 PM)

Brandon Marshall?

The good thing about this draft is that it is very deep in the WR department. They should be able to get a pretty good WR prospect in the second round. If you got someone (maybe Nicks, Harvin, Bey, Robiskie or Britt) and get Holt potentially our offense could be sick for years to come.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 06:36 PM)
Didnt realize how bad things were in Chicago if people are going this crazy for Cutler.

Get off your high horse. Most fan bases would go nuts if they brought in a pro bowl QB.

QB=Most important position in American Sports.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:43 PM)
But Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are way better than Devin Hester and whoever we're putting at #2.

However...

Are Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal better than Tory Holt and Devin Hester?

Lovie's Rams connection might just pay off twice this offseason. Gotta make Holt happen.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)
However...

Are Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal better than Tory Holt and Devin Hester?

Lovie's Rams connection might just pay off twice this offseason. Gotta make Holt happen.

Yes, a lot better than a Holt/Hester combo.

Brandon marshall is friggen awesome, so...yes. We won't be able to improve upon Denvers WR. however, we have a really good RB and two great pass catching TEs. And we face awful defenses. So we have that going for us.

while i believe marshall and royal are good recievers, and better than what the bears have...we dont think of those guys nearly as highly if they have orton throwing to them instead of cutler IMO...cutler made those guys better, and he will make our WR better as well....not saying our guys are better...just saying that i think the league perception of those WRs is inflated because they had a probowl qb throwing to them

Orton could do well, but he will be facing some tough defenses in the AFC. BUT, he will have a very good line in front of him and two good receivers. With McDaniels offense, he could get away with a weak arm. But in the end, i be this team implodes under McDaniels.