BEARS GET CUTLER!!!

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rockren @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
Yeah I never said I liked Sanchez, either. I'd much rather see more than just 16 starts, which is all he's had.

However QBs are always way overvalued in drafts and Sanchez has wowed people in workouts lately. I'll call the 49ers to grab him at 10 if he's there.

Brady Quinn? Aaron Rodgers?

You would be hard pressed to see ANYONES mock having either of them fall into the 20's in their draft years.

QUOTE (rockren @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 10:24 PM)
Yeah I never said I liked Sanchez, either. I'd much rather see more than just 16 starts, which is all he's had.

However QBs are always way overvalued in drafts and Sanchez has wowed people in workouts lately. I'll call the 49ers to grab him at 10 if he's there.

Which is why you do not trade them when they are 25 and in the Pro Bowl.

Well I think that Cutler is far more valuable than Ocho Cinco.

How much do you think teams would pay for Larry Fitzgerald?

You have to take into consideration that Ocho is 30 years old and had injury questions. The fact that he was worth 2 first rounders should show just how great of a deal this was for the Bears. For an extra third rounder they go from Chad Johnson to a young franchise QB who is under contract for 3 years?

You have a lot of faith in Josh McDaniels and the "system". Me not so much.

We will see what happens, but Belicheck didnt do so well in his first stint.

QUOTE (rockren @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
Yeah....right.

Yes, that is right. McDaniels already tried to deal him once and it didn't work, clearly, he has no issues with his team not having Jay Cutler at QB.

Bowlen MIGHT be, however, he could have easily said "Look, he is our franchise QB and we aren't trading him" which he DID say, and then look at where we are now.

If they really wanted Cutler to be their QB, he would be.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
Oh really? The Bears traded two firsts and two seconds for Jay Cutler?

Didn't say that. Said he would have been worth it for the Bears IMO if deemed necessary by Angelo.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
Yes, that is right. McDaniels already tried to deal him once and it didn't work, clearly, he has no issues with his team not having Jay Cutler at QB.

Bowlen MIGHT be, however, he could have easily said "Look, he is our franchise QB and we aren't trading him" which he DID say, and then look at where we are now.

Ummm that's because he was dealing for Cassell in the initial scenario. Now...he's stuck with neckbeard.

You'd better believe he's nervous.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
Mark Schlereth is a f***ing dumbass. He said the Bears would be a worse team for acquiring Cutler b/c we have too many holes that can't be plugged now. He said we needed those picks to solidify the OL and WR positions. He also said something to the effect of having no offensive tackles and that we'd win 6 or 7 games next year.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. First of all, have you ever heard of Orlando Pace, Mark? Or how about 1st rounder Chris Williams? Or maybe multi-year starter Kevin Shaffer, who will now fulfill the swing-man role at OT. Don't forget Omiyale competing at OT too, even if he will probably be a OG with us. Our offensive line is undoubtedly better now than it was last year and it was pretty serviceable last year.

We'll also be returning a stellar 2nd year RB, and the best TE duo in the league. Don't tell me the offense will be worse. Plus, now that Babich is done calling the plays on defense and we added Marinelli, the D almost has to be better than it was last year. That doesn't sound like a team that will get worse.

We don't really have that many holes and we can absolutely find an immediate starter in the 2nd round if we go best player available, which we should if we sign, say, Torry Holt. Also, I can't wait to see Earl Bennett playing with Cutler again.

ESPN for your analysis, shame on you

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)

Why are you giving McDaniels the benefit of the doubt, what has he ever accomplished? I gotta tell you if I was a Bronco fan right now, I 'd be a tad nervous.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
Brady Quinn? Aaron Rodgers?

You would be hard pressed to see ANYONES mock having either of them fall into the 20's in their draft years.

Rodgers, I agree, was a surprise. However that's just how the draft fell that year. If Rodgers would've went #1 to SF, Smith would have fallen like Rodgers did. Quinn, on the other hand, was said to be a "2nd Round Pick" by plenty of NFL Execs leading up to the draft. I haven't heard anywhere regarding Sanchez as a 2nd Rounder.

What were the Broncos going to do?

They just fired their long time coach, they brought in a coach with no experience whatsoever and then he has a power struggle with the franchise QB?

You cant take Cutlers side if you want McDaniels as the coach. You might as well fire him on the spot, because hes going to have enough trouble getting NFL players to listen to him already, he doesnt need one of the most talented players on the team questioning his authority.

McDaniels is not a strong enough coach to deal with dissension yet, there was no choice by the Broncos. When they hired McDaniels this was the cost.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
If forced to I think they may have. They were prepared to decide on possibly losing Briggs or Forte with the two number one's.

I was relieved the Bears didn't have to part with any of their current players, but was more than prepared to happily have the Bears do so if need be.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
Well I think that Cutler is far more valuable than Ocho Cinco.

How much do you think teams would pay for Larry Fitzgerald?

You have to take into consideration that Ocho is 30 years old and had injury questions. The fact that he was worth 2 first rounders should show just how great of a deal this was for the Bears. For an extra third rounder they go from Chad Johnson to a young franchise QB who is under contract for 3 years?

You have a lot of faith in Josh McDaniels and the "system". Me not so much.

We will see what happens, but Belicheck didnt do so well in his first stint.

Cutler is far more valuable than Ocho Cinco, and the only reason that Washington offered two firsts for him is because Daniel Snyder clearly doesn't care about draft picks. You have an owner who doesn't mind dealing draft picks and is crazy about getting the big name players and that's his best offer.

The Redskins made a desperate offer to get something that they really needed and were turned down for some insane reason, im sure they could have offered more but you have to draw the line somewhere. Roy Williams was traded for a first, third, and sixth in comparison.

I don't even give a s*** about Denver. However, I think Matt Cassel isn't any good and was just a product of McDaniels system so until someone goes into that system and is a complete failure there really is no reason to think its not going to work.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Color me incredibly unconvinced on Cassel.

Agreed. We'll have to wait and see how he fairs in KC.

I can see where he'd be appealing to a guy like McDaniels to run his system again.........if he would've went somewhere like KC that is and not had Cutler already on his roster in Denver!

Except for the fact that McDaniels was operating under Belicheck and not as the head coach.

I dont think Cassel is very good either, but I think that Moss is pretty good.

As for "the system", I guess Im not tremendously impressed by an offense that only 1 time since 2005 was in the top 5 for points scored per game.

That "defensive system" also was pretty good.

I just dont think McDaniels is as smart as you do.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
I don't even give a s*** about Denver. However, I think Matt Cassel isn't any good and was just a product of McDaniels system so until someone goes into that system and is a complete failure there really is no reason to think its not going to work.

Does Randy Moss come with that system in, too?

QUOTE (rockren @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:34 PM)
Rodgers, I agree, was a surprise. However that's just how the draft fell that year. If Rodgers would've went #1 to SF, Smith would have fallen like Rodgers did. Quinn, on the other hand, was said to be a "2nd Round Pick" by plenty of NFL Execs leading up to the draft. I haven't heard anywhere regarding Sanchez as a 2nd Rounder.

No, Miami would have taken Alex Smith if he didn't go number one. I know that for a fact, aside from the fact that I am a Dolphins fan, that was the word from Miamis camp during that draft.

If Quinn was said to be a second round pick, he would have lasted till the second round. I never saw anything about that anways, but I did see plenty of talk about him being a late first rather than a top pick. Regardless, Miami should have taken him at #9 anyways but thats a non issue now.

Ive also not heard anything about Sanchez being a second rounder, I never said that or hinted that either. I have however seen plenty that has him falling into the middle of the draft. With the amount of good tackles in this draft, there is going to be a run on them and some names will surely drop, I expect Sanchez to be one of those.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
Except for the fact that McDaniels was operating under Belicheck and not as the head coach.

I dont think Cassel is very good either, but I think that Moss is pretty good.

As for "the system", I guess Im not tremendously impressed by an offense that only 1 time since 2005 was in the top 5 for points scored per game.

That "defensive system" also was pretty good.

I just dont think McDaniels is as smart as you do.

I don't know why you guys think I am coming off as some huge Josh McDaniels supporter. The only thing I have even said about it is that he wants his guy for his system and Cutler wasn't that guy. Maybe it will haunt Denver for doing this trade, or maybe they get their guy and take all those high picks and build something special. Who the f*** knows, its a crap shoot. He didn't want Cutler though, that's for sure.

And last year NE was 6th in rushing yards, 12th in passing yards and 8th in points per game.

Meanwhile the Broncos were 12th in rushing, 3rd in passing yards and 16th in points per game.

So why is the Pats pass offense better than what the Broncos already had?

Last year Denver's problem was the run game...

When you inherit a team that is already good at throwing the ball, why do you screw with that to bring in your "guy"?

My answer is that either McDaniels is arrogant or hes scared.

Either answer isnt very good for a coach. Most offensive coordinators would have died to inherit Cutler, Marshall and Royal. All they had to do was bring in a rb and the offense is elite.

But hey, Im no Josh McDaniels.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
When you inherit a team that is already good at throwing the ball, why do you screw with that to bring in your "guy"?

My answer is that either McDaniels is arrogant or hes scared.

Either answer isnt very good for a coach. Most offensive coordinators would have died to inherit Cutler, Marshall and Royal. All they had to do was bring in a rb and the offense is elite.

But hey, Im no Josh McDaniels.

I don't disagree with any of that

But for some reason, Josh McDaniels wants his guy and not Cutler.

And either way, the offense isn't the problem, the defense is. If their offenses were so similar then it shouldn't matter if they have Cutler there or someone McDaniels wants. He can still get his guy now and vastly improve their defense potentially. And apparently to the Broncos, that was more important than just having Jay Cutler.