BEARS GET CUTLER!!!

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
If I'm not mistaken the Bears still have their 2nd rounder. And what are the Cards asking for Boldin... a 2nd rounder. I think it'll be a mistake to give that up though (esp. seeing Randy Moss was had for a 4th rounder) but if the Bears "wanted to" they could get him. It might be stupid for them to do it, but they "could."

lolz

Where the hell did you hear that? Theres no way Boldin gets traded for just a 2nd rounder.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
I think the best part of his game (aside from the cannon arm) is what your sig so beautifully shows off. His mobility will make our O-Line look phenomenal, as well as open up room down the field.

Forte is going to be a freak without 8 men in the box. Likewise, I think Cutler will have more open looks. I can't imagine the Bears picking up Cutler and Pace in the same day and not rectifying the wide receiver corps.

If they really want to piss off the rest of the league, they should go get Boldin. :headbang

Cutler/Forte/Olsen - Boldin/Bennet/Hester That is too Pretty.

The bears will address WR , don't worry about that. No way bennet or hester will be a #1. I still anticipate Cutler going deep to Hester, just not Hester as a #1.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
lolz

Where the hell did you hear that? Theres no way Boldin gets traded for just a 2nd rounder.

A top 20 first rounder and Boldin is gone, but no way is he going for a 2nd rounder unless he really starts to pout and even than it would be a high 2nd plus something.

It seems like the edict came down from above for Denver to move Cutler for the first good offer that included two first rounders.

Hub Arkush was on the Score and said the deal was practically done as Cutler for 09 1st, 09 3rd and Orton... like moments from sending in the papers. Then of course Daniel Snyder came in and offered Campbell, 09 1st, 10 1st, and for about 30 minutes, that was the deal that was going to happen.

Angelo said "f*** that" and came back and added the extra 1st and the Broncos tossed in a 5th.

I guess all the above happened in about an hour and it was a go from there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
It seems like the edict came down from above for Denver to move Cutler for the first good offer that included two first rounders.

Hub Arkush was on the Score and said the deal was practically done as Cutler for 09 1st, 09 3rd and Orton... like moments from sending in the papers. Then of course Daniel Snyder came in and offered Campbell, 09 1st, 10 1st, and for about 30 minutes, that was the deal that was going to happen.

Angelo said "f*** that" and came back and added the extra 1st and the Broncos tossed in a 5th.

I guess all the above happened in about an hour and it was a go from there.

Yesterday morning Arkush said on the Hampton and Holmes show that the Bears were not a factor. He also chuckled at the thought of Orton starting in Denver.

we gave up alot Tru is right, but I also believe cutler is a better qb than any qb in this draft...and certainly better than anyone after stafford...according to the NFL draft charts, our offer wouldn't have even been able to get stafford, so hes a moot point

I also like cutler better than anyone in next years class (as of right now, hard to tell this far out for sure)...maybe Bradford will be better, but like Stafford, you have to assume he could go #1 which we would have had to offer a bigger package to get

Now we could have used those picks on something else, but assuming we used one to land the Future QB....which nobody would have had a problem with...im happy with the guy we got. Are the other picks valuable....damn right they are. But thats the price to pay for a future guy. Would those picks have panned out in 2-3 years...likely 1 for sure, and probably 2...but the bears logic is that now we have a foundation to build around not just for this year, but hopefully for the next decade. If Cutler was 32 theres no doubt the bears dont do this deal. They see him as the longterm answer. Tru, maybe you don't you are entitled to your opinion. If you ask me there aren't many QBs in the league I'd build my team around moving forward before Jay Cutler. and to me thats worth the extra picks we gave up.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
Yesterday morning Arkush said on the Hampton and Holmes show that the Bears were not a factor. He also chuckled at the thought of Orton starting in Denver.

But his spirals will travel much further distances with the elevation factor in Denver.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
we gave up alot Tru is right, but I also believe cutler is a better qb than any qb in this draft...and certainly better than anyone after stafford...according to the NFL draft charts, our offer wouldn't have even been able to get stafford, so hes a moot point

I also like cutler better than anyone in next years class (as of right now, hard to tell this far out for sure)...maybe Bradford will be better, but like Stafford, you have to assume he could go #1 which we would have had to offer a bigger package to get

Now we could have used those picks on something else, but assuming we used one to land the Future QB....which nobody would have had a problem with...im happy with the guy we got. Are the other picks valuable....damn right they are. But thats the price to pay for a future guy. Would those picks have panned out in 2-3 years...likely 1 for sure, and probably 2...but the bears logic is that now we have a foundation to build around not just for this year, but hopefully for the next decade. If Cutler was 32 theres no doubt the bears dont do this deal. They see him as the longterm answer. Tru, maybe you don't you are entitled to your opinion. If you ask me there aren't many QBs in the league I'd build my team around moving forward before Jay Cutler. and to me thats worth the extra picks we gave up.

Not to mention Stafford of Bradford are immediately going to make more money than Cutler is currently making. In fact, they'll practically make the same amount of money as what Cutler will get after his extension (all without ever taking a snap).

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
They see him as the longterm answer. Tru, maybe you don't you are entitled to your opinion. If you ask me there aren't many QBs in the league I'd build my team around moving forward before Jay Cutler. and to me thats worth the extra picks we gave up.

What? I never said he wasn't a long term answer. I thought it was great for the Bears because of how bad they needed a franchise QB.

I just like what Denver is set up for now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
Since I'm not a local guy, Hub is supposed to be well connected in terms of Bears info correct?

Absolutely, and he's the owner/editor/king of Pro Football Weekly, both the show and the magazine.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
If you ask me there aren't many QBs in the league I'd build my team around moving forward before Jay Cutler. and to me thats worth the extra picks we gave up.

The only QBs I could think of are Manning and Brady if they were each a few years younger. Cutlers ceiling is in the same neighborhood or better than any other QB in the league.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
Since I'm not a local guy, Hub is supposed to be well connected in terms of Bears info correct?

Yes. Hub's great to listen to. Outstanding football resource. He's editor of Pro Football Weekly and a very bright/objective guy who knows alot of NFL inside scoop, not just the Bears.

One problem... when he starts talking about baseball it's like his IQ drops 50 points. But he's brilliant when it comes to football.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
FWIW, I don't believe the Bears will sign anyone who's an improvement this year. It's draft or bust for this team. I also think people are expecting too much of Earl Bennett because of Cutler.

90% of fans did not expect the bears to bring in Cutler, so I'll take your beliefs with a grain of salt.

What's expecting too much of Bennet? Slating him as a #3 or #2 tops?

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 06:02 PM)
Yes. Hub's great to listen to. Outstanding football resource. He's editor of Pro Football Weekly and a very bright/objective guy who knows alot of NFL inside scoop, not just the Bears.

One problem... when he starts talking about baseball it's like his IQ drops 50 points. But he's brilliant when it comes to football.

IIRC Hub isn't even a Bears fan so he doesn't feed you the company line, he'll tell it like it is.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
FWIW, I don't believe the Bears will sign anyone who's an improvement this year. It's draft or bust for this team. I also think people are expecting too much of Earl Bennett because of Cutler.

The Bears still have a tremendous amount of cap room. If they don't sign a WR prior to the draft than they probably won't sign anyone until cap casualties come around and they'll take a WR in the draft. They could than go out and get Plaxico who will likely be available for a while until there is some sort of certainty surrounding his legal situation.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)

I don't really know what you're basing this on unless you think nobody else is going to be available and/or they don't have the resources (they have plenty of cap room). The "Angelo never makes moves" thing, which was never true to begin with, kinda got blown out of the water yesterday.