BEARS GET CUTLER!!!

Of all the teams he f***ing goes to its the rival of my Packers. Too bad he doesn't have an offense to throw too :P

Rasheid Davis, Hester, Booker, Lloyd, joke :lolhitting

Broncos got the better deal, 2 first rounders, a third, and Orton who's not a bad QB. Nice pool of potential talent there.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
Of all the teams he f***ing goes to its the rival of my Packers. Too bad he doesn't have an offense to throw too :P

Broncos got the better deal, 2 first rounders, a third, and Orton who's not a bad QB. Nice pool of potential talent there.

Leave.

We need a good target for him. Somebody besides Hester, somebody like hmmm...Tory Holt? Do it Angelo.

I'm not all that saddened by the fact that we lost two first round picks in this trade because Angelo f***s those up to begin with anyhow. It's the third round pick that we gave up that I'm a little bit unhappy about. But f*** it, we actually got a real QB. :D

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
Leave.

He's 100% right. On paper, the Bears gave up a ton, with how draft picks are valued in this league and with the cap implications of the move.

That said...it was 120% the right move for the Bears and that was the exact offer I was asking them to make...except the Bears also get back a 3rd rounder.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)

The off-season is not over. Run and hide while you still can!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
He's 100% right. On paper, the Bears gave up a ton, with how draft picks are valued in this league and with the cap implications of the move.

That said...it was 120% the right move for the Bears and that was the exact offer I was asking them to make...except the Bears also get back a 3rd rounder.

I am well aware; however, this is a love fest.

Edited by WHarris1

On paper I guess the Bears overpaid, but with Angelo's success with first round picks I am 100% ok with this deal. The Bears have a 25 year old quarterback who, on paper, is probably the most talented in franchise history.

If they get anything out of Pace, this was a hell of a day.

Hats of to Angelo and the Bears org, I NEVER thought this was a possability

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
A team that has been mired in 20th to 30th place QB's every year save 1 since roughly 1986 getting a top 10 QB is going to set their fanbase off.

I know? That's exactly what I'm saying haha. By leaving I was saying let us have our fun we don't need any negatives. Ah f*** it nevermind.

This is f***ing awesome though, and we still have a chance to surround him with weapons.

Olsen is gonna be an absolute stud now. Hester and Bennett have a chance to really develop. Maybe Holt? Maybe a WR in the 2nd round, there figures to be some solid options there.

1st round picks like #18 or later are overrated.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)
Olsen is gonna be an absolute stud now. Hester and Bennett have a chance to really develop. Maybe Holt? Maybe a WR in the 2nd round, there figures to be some solid options there

This is supposed to be a very good 2nd round WR class, and there's probably an OT or OG remaining in the 2nd this year as well. The Bears could actually go defense now if they think Bennett will be playing well with Cutler this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
This is supposed to be a very good 2nd round WR class, and there's probably an OT or OG remaining in the 2nd this year as well. The Bears could actually go defense now if they think Bennett will be playing well with Cutler this year.

Oh no doubt. Robiskie, Iglesias, D-Will?, Louis Murphy? There will definitely be some really good options at WR in the 2nd round. And you are right, this really opens up a lot of possibilities rather than forcing the Bears into a position they have to draft.