BEARS GET CUTLER!!!

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i go defense with the 2nd now...Delmas or rashad johnson to play S? or maybe michael johnson if he is there....i knwo some are down on johnsons production but he oozes potential and is a perfect fit for our scheme

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
The off-season is not over. Run and hide while you still can!

Run and hide? Why?

I don't expect much from GB this year anyways, playoffs would shock me especially since the transition of switching to the 3-4 will be rough.

And your right its not over, GB could make some moves but I know they won't because TT is a stiff sort of like Angelo till this big move.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
ok, so now we... ya know... need some people to throw too. Forte cant run for 1500 and catch 1500.

Bennett, Hester, Olsen, and White is a good starting point. There needs to be 1 more in that mix, possession type receiver, but it's a decent fit given the QB the Bears just got.

This also probably just got Forte another 100-200 yards running just on its own, because now the safeties and CB's have no choice but to play back. You can't play an 8 man front against Cutler.

i love what we've done this offseason....we've gotten road grating O linemen in Shaffer and Omiyale who will be facing 7 men in the box now to go with a HOFer in pace...Forte coudl have an enormous year....I dont even remember the last time teh bears consistently faced anything other than 8 men fronts....probably hasnt happened in my lifetime

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:23 PM)
too late over here

I saw that the Bears traded for Cutler and I...

Jizzed in my pants.

Five minutes later I saw that Pace was also signed and I

Jizzed in my pants.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Bennett, Hester, Olsen, and White is a good starting point. There needs to be 1 more in that mix, possession type receiver, but it's a decent fit given the QB the Bears just got.

This also probably just got Forte another 100-200 yards running just on its own, because now the safeties and CB's have no choice but to play back. You can't play an 8 man front against Cutler.

Whose White? I assume you mean Clark?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)
one of the problems with Orton is he didnt have enough arm strength or long distance accuracy to throw the deep ball to Hester.. we have a QB now who can.

He had the arm strength, he was just incredibly inaccurate when it came to the long ball.

Orton isn't bad, but Cutler can be a franchise QB. He should make Olsen and Hester so much better even if neither of them progressed. He can make throws few QB's can make and his ability to throw accurate and powerful balls should make our WR's a lot more confident and help them develop.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:28 PM)

Bennett - I'd like to, well, see him on the field before I declare him an asset.

Hester - I like the deep ball with him now. REALLY lengthens the field.

Olsen - He just got a lot better... and he was already good.

White - Sorry, White who? I feel stupid.

I think we need a solid #1 or #2. Hester is long range and Olsen is not a #1 WR. So, we need just one piece. If Bennett is that, then so be it. If it's a draft pick or Holt, it works for me.

Forte - 1500 yards this year. No 8 in the box.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
Didnt realize how bad things were in Chicago if people are going this crazy for Cutler.

Jay Cutler threw for 4500 yards last year. We haven't had a franchise-type QB in like...forever.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
Didnt realize how bad things were in Chicago if people are going this crazy for Cutler.

Bears pro-bowl QB's since 1950:

1985: Jim McMahon

1963: Bill Wade

1956: Ed Brown

1955: Ed Brown

1952: Johnny Lujack

1951: Johnny Lujack

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
Bears pro-bowl QB's since 1950:

1985: Jim McMahon

1963: Bill Wade

1956: Ed Brown

1955: Ed Brown

1952: Johnny Lujack

1951: Johnny Lujack

And McMahon wasn't even a great QB really. Great leader, OK QB, lousy arm, surrounded by incredibly talented receivers, RB's and OL.

The Bears have not had a top tier QB in my lifetime as a fan.

Despite what may be overpayment, I like this move, a LOT.