Shooting and hostage situation in Upstate NY

Soxy

QUOTE (Soxy @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 01:34 PM)
Most outlets are still reporting 5 shot and 41 hostages.

Poor Binghamton. Nothing good seems to happen to this area.

That blog and message board keep hinting that many more may have been shot. Hoepfully they are wrong. Im trying to get ahold of a friend of mine whose brother is a cop but i havent heard back yet.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
That blog and message board keep hinting that many more may have been shot. Hoepfully they are wrong. Im trying to get ahold of a friend of mine whose brother is a cop but i havent heard back yet.

Yeah, MSNBC is reporting that dozens may be shot. I feel like they are just being unbearably slow updating stuff. Ugh, this totally sucks.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
I'm amazed they were able to arrest these men alive. Not often do these situations end without the perpetrators killing themselves.

Have they caught the third person--apparently there was a foot chase on the court street bridge?

QUOTE (Soxy @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
Have they caught the third person--apparently there was a foot chase on the court street bridge?

Havent heard but apparently the police have confirmed to the governor's office that there are 13 dead inside the building. So it could rise depending on what happens to those taken to the hospital.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
Havent heard but apparently the police have confirmed to the governor's office that there are 13 dead inside the building. So it could rise depending on what happens to those taken to the hospital.

Have you heard anything about the who or why?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
No i keep hearing conflicting reports from a couple of places. Hard to tell what is rumor and who actually has connections so I dont want to post things that are not true.

I understand.

14 confirmed dead (gunman "probably" among them) per the chief of police

4 more in critical condition

Alleged gunman was recently laid off from IBM. Went into a classroom of immigrants taking the citizenship test and opened fire. Gov Paterson said "there is still an American dream."

The gunmen has been identified as a 41 year old Asian male, Jiverly Yoong.

I wonder what are the circumstances behind his firing at IBM. If he had an aggenda against immigration it would have been sort of shortsighted to attack those who are legally seeking citizenship.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)

I wonder what are the circumstances behind his firing at IBM. If he had an aggenda against immigration it would have been sort of shortsighted to attack those who are legally seeking citizenship.

I'm guessing he wasn't thinking too clearly.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)

I wonder what are the circumstances behind his firing at IBM.

he was probably just laid off in a cost cutting measure. i know IBM has been making job cuts and sending some of it's operations out of the US.

Edited by mr_genius