arz vs white sox

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
Getz with a one out double in the first. Never left 2nd after that.

So, Wise is an automatic out, then Getz is the real leadoff hitter? Maybe Getz should hit 1st and Wise 9th.

Isn't what you want out of a leadoff hitter is to hit .300 and get on base? Does Wise give good h*** or does he have blackmail on Ozzie and KW? Honestly, I'm sure Wise can be a good 9th hitter, but it's time to face reality.

Edited by JPN366

They said (DBacks announcers) that Linebrink was really having a difficult time with his breaking ball...his FB was averaging around 92 MPH.

He IS making me a little nervous right now, but thankfully we might luck out with a lights-out season from MacDougal to take his place. I just don't think at this point in his career, with his arm iffy/ouchy from here on out, that we can expect as much consistency as we saw in the first half of 08.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 08:57 PM)
have you checked out the new gameday? it's pretty great. they say what a hitter loves/hates to face. For Wise it was "loves: four-seem fastball" and "hates: four-seem fastball"!!

There';s a note that they may be charging for access to some of these featuresl

Getz and Ramirez have really been raking recently...Getz almost ended up with a 4/5 and 3-4 rbi's if not for a really good basket catch by Chris Young to end the last inning.

Quentin also seems to be picking it up as well, although Fields and Konerko are cooling off quite a bit. Who knows what will happen in 35 degree temperatures all next week, it will be brutal for the hitters.

I bet Viciedo and Beckham will be at least a LITTLE happy their season starts on Thursday night in Birmingham.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 11:14 PM)
Getz and Ramirez have really been raking recently...Getz almost ended up with a 4/5 and 3-4 rbi's if not for a really good basket catch by Chris Young to end the last inning.

Quentin also seems to be picking it up as well, although Fields and Konerko are cooling off quite a bit. Who knows what will happen in 35 degree temperatures all next week, it will be brutal for the hitters.

I bet Viciedo and Beckham will be at least a LITTLE happy their season starts on Thursday night in Birmingham.

It's been mild here lately. Beckham and Viciedo will have to play Monday as well in an exhibition game. The past two seasons, the first week has been fairly cold down here.