Getaway day...AZ vs. CHISOX (4/4) Garland vs. Count

and Colon for the 4th/5th starter's spot.

Strange to be facing Garland...Thome uncharacteristically swung at a 3-0 pitch and grounded out weakly to 2B. Obviously, everyone just wants to get back to Chicago and get settled in...this game will be over in 2 hours.

KW will be getting interviewed on the Diamondbacks' radio broadcast, I'll try to report anything noteworthy.

Contreras with 2 quick outs....91-93 with the FB so far. Gave up a hit to Drew on a FB but got Conor Jackson for the K (Jackson the 10th toughest in th NL to strike out last season, so that's encouraging.)

Wise with an 854 OPS for the spring and BA at 798.

Edited by caulfield12

"I don't know who's crazier, me, or you for hiring me?" Ozzie to KW.

KW tried to give Garland (rent free) his Paradise Valley house but Garland refused to take it for this season...haha. Ah, to be a suffering multi-millionaire who didn't get $10-12 million but had to settle for poverty.

Didn't know Josh Fields was also battling hip problems last year....as well as the knee. Mentioned that he was concerned (DUH!) about the leadoff position but satisfied with 2-9.

Played up that the White Sox were being picked by some for 5th place. I don't think most predictions have them last...maybe 2nd-4th. Attributed this to the losses of Crede and Cabrera.

Had a lot of praise for Garland. Also lots of praise for Cooper.

From listening to KW, Contreras will start on the 10th and Colon on the 11th against the Twins, with Buehrle starting the Sunday game against Liriano.

Kenny Williams, Jr., will be starting the season at Kannapolis.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
man i am so ready for beisbol

Are you Cubano or Sammy Sosa in disguise?

Contreras through 2 innings, seems to be pitching much better this time out...30 pitches through 2.

KW expects Colon to pitch at 90-94 today.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
Are you Cubano or Sammy Sosa in disguise?

Contreras through 2 innings, seems to be pitching much better this time out...30 pitches through 2.

KW expects Colon to pitch at 90-94 today.

Contreras has alot of movement on his pitches so far

LOL. They said Ramirez was going to be a "force" by the end of this season. I think they're a little late on that observation...

White Sox leaving quite a few runners out there, but it doesn't really matter as much as the weather next week. I guess delaying the first starts for Contreras/Colon and having them pitch in better conditions might not be the worst thing is the world if they lose a couple of games the first week due to weather cancellations.

http://www.wgntv.com/weather

Right now, if they don't up playing Monday...Tuesday through Sunday looks fine for the time being. Monday looks 50/50 at best...unless they moved the game back to 6 or 7 pm, but then it would be brutally cold.

Nothing wrong with Konerko. Salvador Sanchez is already in the game in LF for Quentin, whoever Sanchez is.

Contreras through 3 scoreless innings, averaging 91.3 MPH fastball, highest was 93. ONLY 41 pitches through 3, that's good news.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
http://www.wgntv.com/weather

Right now, if they don't up playing Monday...Tuesday through Sunday looks fine for the time being.

Nothing wrong with Konerko. Salvador Sanchez is already in the game in LF for Quentin, whoever Sanchez is.

Yea I see. I got nervous for a minute

I would be excited to see Betemit (against only RHP), Viciedo or Allen get some playing time at 1B, but I wouldn't want to see Konerko out for more than 2 weeks.

Walk for BA...that's good news. He's going to have to take more pitches, but he's a lot like Wise and Ramirez up there usually swinging early in the count or getting down 0-1/0-2 and getting punched out with offspeed stuff off the plate.

Anderson gunned down by Montero stealing 2nd, then Wise makes the 3rd out after he flew out deep into the RF corner and almost hit it out.

1-0 White Sox going into the bottom of the 4th. Big inning for Jose, Young/Drew/Jackson coming up.

Highly touted defender Eduardo Escobar in at SS for his second game of the spring with the big league team.

Chris Young strikes out, DBacks 1/11 against Jose so far in this game. That's a nice (Paciorek)! Got one pitch up to 94 now, but his average FB is 90-91 now.

Lillibridge with a nice play up the middle....now the problem is that Jose has only 50 pitches and they need to elevate his pitch count and give Colon at least innings out there too. So I guess Colon will come in for the bottom of the 6th.

Another 1-2-3 inning for Jose. Awesome El Gran Titan De Bronze!

Edited by caulfield12

Christian Marrero PHing for Thome gets a SAC fly after Lillibridge got a hustle double.

I think that was his first PA. 2-0 White Sox now going into bottom of 5th.

Escobar with a solid single for his first hit of the spring. I guess he'll be playing in Winston-Salem behind Beckham in the pecking order.

Edited by caulfield12

Go, go, go Escobar.

We have too many middle infielders now. I remember when Andy Gonzalez was the best of our MI prospects.

Now we have Ramirez, Getz (10-15 games), Lillibridge. Beckham, Betemit, and Escobar...Silverio and Wilder can go to hell.

Another walk by BA.

That would probably total Wise, AJ and Ramirez for one month.

Lillibridge with a .562 OPS. That's almost Corky Miller-esque. The funny thing is he's hitting .260. Well, that doesn't include his double today...hopefully he'll walk more when the lights come on, as indicated by his minor league lines.

Wise and Funny Ears have both left the bases loaded now.

Edited by caulfield12