Quick Question

T R U

Alright, so yesterday I made up some story about my car being messed up so I could skip work. So now when I go in today I need to know how much a new alternator generally costs so I can have a story when they question me about what was wrong and all that crap.

Basically, I just need to know how much getting a new alternator would roughly cost. I drive a 2000 Chevy Impala if that matters any.

And thank you in advance for helping me to continue being a sub par employee :)

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
got my alternator changed a month ago for 350 bucks. the part cost 225, labor was 125. google says the cheapest alternator(which I assume you would get ;) ) costs 143.95. So just under 275 for you

Excellent, thank you very much.

And is it believable that they fixed it in one day?

I "brought it in" at 2:30 on Friday and will be going into work about 5:30 or 6:00 tonight

So they don't try to track down which shop you went to, just say you paid a gearhead $100 to change it. That's what my gf did when her alternator had to be changed awhile ago. Didn't take long at all.

Make sure you say the battery was ok so thankfully you didn't have to buy a new one. This will also buy you another excuse if you miss work again. You can claim a dead battery and bring up how the time when you have to change your alternator you should've changed your battery as well.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
So they don't try to track down which shop you went to, just say you paid a gearhead $100 to change it. That's what my gf did when her alternator had to be changed awhile ago. Didn't take long at all.

Make sure you say the battery was ok so thankfully you didn't have to buy a new one. This will also buy you another excuse if you miss work again. You can claim a dead battery and bring up how the time when you have to change your alternator you should've changed your battery as well.

Good call, I doubt they would try and track where I went anyways. I got the info I needed and should be good to go, much appreciated guys.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
Ditto.

It's nice and fun right now, isn't it? Where's Obama? He's supposed to take care of me!

Come on, seriously? Keep it in the buster, I know you guys are arguing a lot over in there but there is no reason to bring it into other threads.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 09:03 PM)
Come on, seriously? Keep it in the buster, I know you guys are arguing a lot over in there but there is no reason to bring it into other threads.

:lolhitting

MMkay. Mr. Obama is supposed to take care of the Sox I hear too. :lolhitting

Now it's about the Sox, so I get a free pass. :D

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
:lolhitting

MMkay. Mr. Obama is supposed to take care of the Sox I hear too. :lolhitting

Now it's about the Sox, so I get a free pass. :D

Oh, hahahahaha. funny.

Go snipe in the filibuster

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
right back atcha Mr Admin

Ohhhhhhh, let's play that card. Please. I think we all can say pretty much what we want, and I don't think any of us need the post police to come by telling us where to post. If I want to post a sarcastic comment, I'll post it, thank me very much.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 01:10 PM)
Ohhhhhhh, let's play that card. Please. I think we all can say pretty much what we want, and I don't think any of us need the post police to come by telling us where to post. If I want to post a sarcastic comment, I'll post it, thank me very much.

Sure, go ahead, just keep it in the thread where the start fighted. I mean, if people get b****ed at for dragging arguments from one thread to another and baiting other people, then why shouldnt you?

The filibuster is intended for political discussion, correct? This thread wasnt started with political discussion, or with the intent of political discussion, was it? You just randomly interjected your Obama fear mongering crap out of nowhere, didnt you?

I could care less about your views, but you should be held to the same standards that everyone else is held to

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
Sure, go ahead, just keep it in the thread where the start fighted. I mean, if people get b****ed at for dragging arguments from one thread to another and baiting other people, then why shouldnt you?

The filibuster is intended for political discussion, correct? This thread wasnt started with political discussion, or with the intent of political discussion, was it? You just randomly interjected your Obama fear mongering crap out of nowhere, didnt you?

I could care less about your views, but you should be held to the same standards that everyone else is held to

What "standards" are you talking about? Yes, by in large, you're right... but hell, threads get sidetracked all the time for many, many different things. I see the same things carried across the board, and I'm certainly not running around telling you or anyone else what or where to post. I don't think many admins/mods or regular posters (which is why I wrote it like I did) care what's posted where, with one notable exception (and no, it's not you).

I see random "fear mongering" or whatever other adjective all over this board. And it's no big deal... unless we're (all posters) trying to make it one.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
What "standards" are you talking about? Yes, by in large, you're right... but hell, threads get sidetracked all the time for many, many different things. I see the same things carried across the board, and I'm certainly not running around telling you or anyone else what or where to post. I don't think many admins/mods or regular posters (which is why I wrote it like I did) care what's posted where, with one notable exception (and no, it's not you).

I see random "fear mongering" or whatever other adjective all over this board. And it's no big deal... unless we're (all posters) trying to make it one.

Kap, look, I understand you are passionate about politics and it is a very big part of who you are(at least on this site). But that post you made yesterday looked like it was dragged straight out of the "Ban Guns/ 3 cops killed" thread and dropped in this thread because you were feeling fiesty. Im certainly not one to be telling people what to do on this site and I dont want to be that guy, but I felt that was a deliberate attempt at baiting and derailing a perfectly normal SLAM thread when that sort of discussion was happening elsewhere on a buster thread. That is all I have to say about that

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
Kap, look, I understand you are passionate about politics and it is a very big part of who you are(at least on this site). But that post you made yesterday looked like it was dragged straight out of the "Ban Guns/ 3 cops killed" thread and dropped in this thread because you were feeling fiesty. Im certainly not one to be telling people what to do on this site and I dont want to be that guy, but I felt that was a deliberate attempt at baiting and derailing a perfectly normal SLAM thread when that sort of discussion was happening elsewhere on a buster thread. That is all I have to say about that

Honestly, it wasn't meant to tie to anything. It was just a random response to mreye's post. As I just said somewhere else, I wasn't trying to set the board on fire.

I bait all the time. It's called discussion. However, I get your point. I don't ever want to tell you where to post either. It ain't my style... I guess that was my biggest point. Oh, and, I really try not to be an admin, I don't care what ya'll do. It's your board. I'm just the tech geek that has to fix the board when it goes haywire. I really don't want you all to think I'm ever on some power trip, because I'm not, and I can't think of anyone that is.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
Honestly, it wasn't meant to tie to anything. It was just a random response to mreye's post. As I just said somewhere else, I wasn't trying to set the board on fire.

I bait all the time. It's called discussion. However, I get your point. I don't ever want to tell you where to post either. It ain't my style... I guess that was my biggest point. Oh, and, I really try not to be an admin, I don't care what ya'll do. It's your board. I'm just the tech geek that has to fix the board when it goes haywire. I really don't want you all to think I'm ever on some power trip, because I'm not, and I can't think of anyone that is.

Shipps

/thread