PA Shooter feared Obama, Gun Ban

Balta1701

I'm gonna post this here and see what people think. I'm not sure what to take from it except to be a little freaked out. We've already seen gun purchases surge since the election, now people are dying.

A gunman wearing a bulletproof vest and “lying in wait” opened fire on officers responding to a domestic disturbance call Saturday, killing three of them and turning a quiet Pittsburgh street into a battlefield, police said.

Police Chief Nate Harper said the motive for the shooting isn’t clear, but friends said the gunman recently had been upset about losing his job and feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Poplawski feared “the Obama gun ban that’s on the way” and “didn’t like our rights being infringed upon,” said Edward Perkovic, his best friend.

Perkovic, 22, said he got a call at work from him in which he said, “Eddie, I am going to die today. ... Tell your family I love them and I love you.”

Perkovic said: “I heard gunshots and he hung up. ... He sounded like he was in pain, like he got shot.”

Poplawski had once tried to join the Marines, but was kicked out of boot camp after throwing a food tray at a drill sergeant, Perkovic said.

Another longtime friend, Aaron Vire, said Poplawski feared that President Barack Obama was going to take away his rights, though he said he “wasn’t violently against Obama.”

Vire, 23, said Poplawski once had an Internet talk show but that it wasn’t successful. He said Poplawski owned an AK-47 rifle and several powerful handguns, including a .357 Magnum.

Obama has said he respects Americans’ constitutional right to bear arms, but that he favors “common sense” gun laws. Gun rights advocates interpret that as meaning he would approve of curbs on ownership of assault and concealed weapons.

Poplawski had been laid off from his job at a glass factory earlier this year, said another friend, Joe DiMarco. DiMarco said he didn’t know the name of the company, but knew his friend had been upset about it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)
It's not my observation. It's our (er, I mean, GLOBAL) president's observation.

Pretty stupid thing to post regarding this story. It's as if you see where the guy is coming from.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 05:13 PM)
Pretty stupid thing to post regarding this story. It's as if you see where the guy is coming from.

Again, it's not my observation. Mr. Obama clearly understands where this guy is coming from.

As WT said, this guy had some anger management issues. And re: guns, ammunition, etc., I have some things to say about that... but certainly, Mr. Obama understands people like this. We can't forget that.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
Seems this guy probably had a temper considering he threw a food tray at a drill sergeant. Either way, anyone who would want to do something horrendous like this has some serious mental issues.

I think the thing that bothers me most is that there's a whole group of people right now who are selling exactly the myth he bought in to.

Here, for example, is Wayne LaPierre from the NRA on Glenn Beck's show saying that the 2nd amendment is "Under fire" and Under attack.

Here's a gun shop owner in Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago saying that he thinks confiscation of firearms might be coming.

1.2 million more gun registration permits have been issued in the last 6 months compared to the year beforehand.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
I wonder if he realizes how far he contradicted himself? To the point where he actually helps the other side?

I completely understand what I said when I quoted Mr. Obama. And so do a lot of other people. That's why it's a problem.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 05:16 PM)
I think the thing that bothers me most is that there's a whole group of people right now who are selling exactly the myth he bought in to.

Here, for example, is Wayne LaPierre from the NRA on Glenn Beck's show saying that the 2nd amendment is "Under fire" and Under attack.

Here's a gun shop owner in Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago saying that he thinks confiscation of firearms might be coming.

1.2 million more gun registration permits have been issued in the last 6 months compared to the year beforehand.

It's because a lot of people believe that it's coming. Since Mr. Obama clearly understands what this guy's plight is, I'm sure he'll want to swoop in to rescue us all from guns. We, the people, can't be trusted.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
It's because a lot of people believe that it's coming. Since Mr. Obama clearly understands what this guy's plight is, I'm sure he'll want to swoop in to rescue us all from guns. We, the people, can't be trusted.

In order to gain trust we should shoot more cops in the head.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
I completely understand what I said when I quoted Mr. Obama. And so do a lot of other people. That's why it's a problem.

I was talking about the guy in the story, not you.

Let me help out with your next post though:

Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama

fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear

panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic

Should help you out for a couple of pages.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)
In order to gain trust we should shoot more cops in the head.

No, we must take examples like this, and make sure that Mr. Obama saves us all from all those guns. You see, it works. Kind of like AIG bonuses and the hate class envy out there right now.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
I was talking about the guy in the story, not you.

Let me help out with your next post though:

Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama

fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear

panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic

Should help you out for a couple of pages.

:lol:

If you would just help out Mr. Obama quit those tactics, we'd all be better off. I mean how many "crisis" and "catastrophe" statements do we need from Mr. Obama?

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
No, we must take examples like this, and make sure that Mr. Obama saves us all from all those guns. You see, it works. Kind of like AIG bonuses and the hate class envy out there right now.

Amazing that you show no outrage that some douche bag killed some cops. Your only thoughts seem to stem from Obama making a statement about clinging to guns. Unreal.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 05:22 PM)
Let me make your next post for you Kap.

Obama Messiah :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Save you from getting carpal tunnel

:lol: Too late. I mean, he is going to save us from everything, is he not? He's just SO AWESOME! I'm so glad he went over to Europe this week to save us from ourselves.

You know, that's probably why this guy did this... he's upset Mr. Obama left the country and didn't take care of him in his time of need when he was so upset.

And seriously, I'm not making light of the situation... because it's a bad one. But, when you have Mr. Obama making quotes like this and some other things he has said about guns, people get fired up. It DOES NOT make some quack head doing something like this right, but this story and others like it will be used so "gun control" can be created; thus giving Mr. Obama another messianic moment.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 06:26 PM)
:lol: Too late. I mean, he is going to save us from everything, is he not? He's just SO AWESOME! I'm so glad he went over to Europe this week to save us from ourselves.

You know, that's probably why this guy did this... he's upset Mr. Obama left the country and didn't take care of him in his time of need when he was so upset.

And seriously, I'm not making light of the situation... because it's a bad one. But, when you have Mr. Obama making quotes like this and some other things he has said about guns, people get fired up. It DOES NOT make some quack head doing something like this right, but this story and others like it will be used so "gun control" can be created; thus giving Mr. Obama another messianic moment.

Read this link

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/AWBLettertoHolder309.pdf

He can't. That's 65 House Democrats.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Read this link

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/AWBLettertoHolder309.pdf

He can't. That's 65 House Democrats.

Damn, it says the file is damaged so I can't read it.

lf, that is now. Keep getting stories like this, it will change.

You all are right, this is a very bad example to make my point on ... but I think it does make the point.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 4, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)
Damn, it says the file is damaged so I can't read it.

lf, that is now. Keep getting stories like this, it will change.

You all are right, this is a very bad example to make my point on ... but I think it does make the point.

It's a PDF of a letter from 65 House Democrats saying they have no intention of supporting the AWB. Meaning that during this Congress, even if Obama wanted to, he couldn't get it through Congress. I imagine there are some conservative Dems in the Senate too that wouldn't bring enough votes (in the modern Senate you basically need 60 votes to pass any significant legislation).

What I really think Balta was trying to get out of this, I will now take a stab at.

Some observations:

All across the country, ammunition is being hoarded. You just about can't get it anymore, and the prices are way up. Permits are going through the roof.

There's several "causes", IMO.

-there will be drastic laws written to gun laws, sometime soon

-class warfare - it's going to lead to some bad things

-bad economy - leads to bad things

-there may not be laws on guns, but they may try by another means - say the government needs all the ammo, so individuals can't purchase. Can't shoot what you can't buy...

That's a start. I do know that there is a severe shortage here on ammo, and in other parts of the country. It's because the government "needs it all".