PA Shooter feared Obama, Gun Ban

Balta1701

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:50 PM)
I know I've been over it several times in this forum. Do not rely on media reports whenever guns are involved, because they are hilariously misinformed. You can buy semi-automatic AK-47 look-a-likes all day long, but they are not functionally equivalent to real AK-47's. A real AK-47 was not used in this crime.

Fully automatic weapons have been very heavily regulated since the 30's. There have only been two incident of a legally-owned one being used in a crime since then, and one was by a police officer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

I know this is a bit snarky, but the anti-gun crowds are just completely ignorant when it comes to knowing what guns actually are.

I think it was you a couple of months back that was talking about the word "semi-automatic" being used in some media report as if it was some mysterious uberdangerous weapon, which is pretty funny since a step down from semi-automatic would be like a manually loaded single-shot weapon that you had to re-chamber every time you fired it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
I think it was you a couple of months back that was talking about the word "semi-automatic" being used in some media report as if it was some mysterious uberdangerous weapon, which is pretty funny since a step down from semi-automatic would be like a manually loaded single-shot weapon that you had to re-chamber every time you fired it.

Ban muskets. :lolhitting

Really, I didn't know a damn thing about guns until a few years ago when the AWB was getting ready to expire. Just listening to the media reports, I had a feeling that they didn't know WTF they were talking about. Just spending a little time reading up on what firearms are what really helps illuminate how inaccurate their reporting really is. I've only fired a gun once, and that was a little pea-shooter sized bullet in Boy Scouts.

Google search "buy an ak-47" turned up this site. You can buy AK-47's all day long. They're not anything like Soviet Army AK-47's other than what they look like.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/romanian_ak47.html

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)

He may have but I also said somethign like that. The media and anti-gun groups like to throw around the term sami-automatic as if it is a weapon in itself, when almost every gun made today is semi-automatic and nothing special. Unless you go for the old fashioned double barrelled shotgun (I have one of those!), then you ony get 2 shots before reloading.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
He may have but I also said somethign like that. The media and anti-gun groups like to throw around the term sami-automatic as if it is a weapon in itself, when almost every gun made today is semi-automatic and nothing special. Unless you go for the old fashioned double barrelled shotgun (I have one of those!), then you ony get 2 shots before reloading.

FYI, technically speaking, revolvers aren't semi-automatic even though they chamber the next round because they don't also eject the spent cartridge.

:o But they're still scary!!!!! :o

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:32 PM)
FYI, technically speaking, revolvers aren't semi-automatic even though they chamber the next round because they don't also eject the spent cartridge.

:o But they're still scary!!!!! :o

Leaving spent shell casings laying around is what will get you caught by Lt. Columbo, since he's in the neighborhood, he'll find the spent casings which will undoubtedly have your fingerprints on them from when you loaded it.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
Leaving spent shell casings laying around is what will get you caught by Lt. Columbo, since he's in the neighborhood, he'll find the spent casings which will undoubtedly have your fingerprints on them from when you loaded it.

pffft just wear gloves. you suck Lt Columbo!

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 10:51 PM)
These are all terrible, but i dont see how gun crimes gonna go down if the 2nd amendment is entirely stripped away from us the people.. After that happens, the only people with guns will be these criminals

I agree with this. Extremes in either direction (less restriction, taking away gun rights) don't have any positive effect.