w sox sign jimmy gobble

chisox2334

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
This is awesome. Two weekends ago, I kept telling everyone the Sox were going to get Gobble b/c of their infatuation w/ the KC 'pen. Although I was saying that as a joke to make people laugh.

that's pretty awesome lol

If nothing else, I thank him for the homer he gave up to Konerko last year. It was the 15th inning, rain was starting to fall, lightning was getting closer and closer to the ballpark, and had Jimmy not shown up to save the day, all of those hours we spent at the park watching that game might not have been rewarded with a conclusion on that evening (might have had to suspend it and finish later had the game not ended at that point). So thanks Jimmy.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Sure we can. They have great spring trainings (Logan) or tear up the minor leagues (Bajenaru) and suck for the major league teams.

The guy was cut by the Royals and was given less than a week from the Rangers. This signing is filler.

Keep in mind, he's a good month and a heartbeat away from being called up. He took his lumps, let's embrace him into the organization. He was once a promising pitcher. But, he's still only 27 and is a lefty, there's still potential.