Sox Move Opening Day to Tuesday

Heads22

Well, the lucky fans who get to go to the game will have nicer weather. I took a day off for today, but I have to work tomorrow. Looks like I will be recording the game and keeping away from the radio and Soxtalk until I can watch it tomorrow night. I'm not too disappointed or anything. I have only been counting down to opening day for about three months.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
Do the edges of the graphic blend with the gray background of the header for you? The gray below the "S" should be the same as the gray to the left of it.

Is the guy on the far right Alesi? If so, why is he wearing the wrong helmet.

Edited by Jenks Heat

Its a shame they canceled the game today. I've been to games in far worse conditions. Tomorrow will be better supposedly, but just a hair. I feel for those who got screwed by this, but don't blame the White Sox for canceling yesterday. I think they need to walk away from Mr. overestimate, Tom Skilling. He used to be the master, now he just is extreme.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 08:32 AM)
Is the guy on the far right Alesi? If so, why is he wearing the wrong helmet.

Flipped image to make it fit.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 09:14 AM)
Its a shame they canceled the game today. I've been to games in far worse conditions. Tomorrow will be better supposedly, but just a hair. I feel for those who got screwed by this, but don't blame the White Sox for canceling yesterday. I think they need to walk away from Mr. overestimate, Tom Skilling. He used to be the master, now he just is extreme.

Tomorrow is supposed to be high thirties and sunny:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgard...from=hrly_graph

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 09:31 AM)
Flipped image to make it fit.

Tomorrow is supposed to be high thirties and sunny:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgard...from=hrly_graph

I would think 3-5 degrees difference is nothing to the thousands that won't be able to make it, but once again, I don't blame the White Sox and actually applaude them making a decision sooner rather than later. I just think Skilling has lost his touch. He predicts extreme conditions more than anyone anymore. WGN was the weather group thinking as much as 6 inches on wet heavy snow, and there is no more than a dusting. I'm sure if they knew yesterday what they know now, there would have been a game today.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 09:50 AM)
I would think 3-5 degrees difference is nothing to the thousands that won't be able to make it, but once again, I don't blame the White Sox and actually applaude them making a decision sooner rather than later. I just think Skilling has lost his touch. He predicts extreme conditions more than anyone anymore. WGN was the weather group thinking as much as 6 inches on wet heavy snow, and there is no more than a dusting. I'm sure if they knew yesterday what they know now, there would have been a game today.

Sun = 15 to 20 degrees v. today's overcast

Also the snow that we got is more like an inch or two of slush. The field will be more playable tomorrow.

It is unfortunate for those that can't change their days off but I think it was for the best. I also hate the off day after Opening Day.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 10:30 AM)
Comcast will show the Black Out one game playoff vs. the Twins instead for those of us with the day off today.

I think this is a pretty great substitute, I've got my DVR ready. A+, Comcast! :)

Makes me forget the days of Fox Sports Net, hah.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)

Also the snow that we got is more like an inch or two of slush. The field will be more playable tomorrow.

It is unfortunate for those that can't change their days off but I think it was for the best. I also hate the off day after Opening Day.

Its 37 right now and the Sun is trying to come out. The big snow wasn't so big, in fact downtown had nothing. There was a dusting on the dirt by my house on the Near North Side. There wasn't anymore than that all the way to USCF as I can see it out of my office. Tomorrow is supposed to be better, but not significantly. They received some bad information about today.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)

I love the day off after Opening Day specifically because of this situation. Instead of me not having tickets to the first game of the year, i still do. They already said they won't be opening the season with a double header, therefore those of us who (over)paid for opening day seats would be screwed. Instead, we just wait a day.

I just hate off days. What am I supposed to do in the spring/summer when the Sox aren't playing..?

QUOTE (GarlandFan20 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
I think this is a pretty great substitute, I've got my DVR ready. A+, Comcast! :)

Makes me forget the days of Fox Sports Net, hah.

Is Comcast putting all the games on OnDemand again this year? That was pretty awesome last year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
Its 37 right now and the Sun is trying to come out. The big snow wasn't so big, in fact downtown had nothing. There was a dusting on the dirt by my house on the Near North Side. There wasn't anymore than that all the way to USCF as I can see it out of my office. Tomorrow is supposed to be better, but not significantly. They received some bad information about today.

Agreed. They could have easily played today. They have played in much worse. I think with the off day on Tuesday they jumped the gun too quick.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
What are the conditions supposed to be tomorrow, still cold I assume, but no chance of snow or rain?

Accuweather says a snow shower in the morning with a high of 40. I would think that not only the threat of precipitation, but the 35mph wind gusts factored into today's postponement. Tuesday was the lesser of two evils.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
What are the conditions supposed to be tomorrow, still cold I assume, but no chance of snow or rain?

Last I saw was high of 40, possible light snow in the AM, then partly to mostly sunny in the afternoon, and less windy than today. Winds out of the NW, which is out to CF.