AL Central Rotations

TLAK

What group do you think will deliver the most well thrown games over a 162 game season? I'm not talking Cy Young winners or great peripherals, but good starts where your team has a chance to win the game. That's how you win a division.

Indians

C. Lee

F. Carmona

C. Pavano

S. Lewis

A. Reyes

Royals

G. Meche

Z. Greinke

K. Davies

S. Ponson

H. Ramirez

Tigers

J. Verlander

E. Jackson

Z. Miner

R. Porcello

A. Galarraga

Twins

*DL S. Baker is supposed to be back in 1-2 weeks.

F. Liriano

K. Slowey

G. Perkins

N. Blackburn

R.A. Dickey

White Sox

M. Buehrle

J. Danks

G. Floyd

J. Contreras

B. Colon

Everybody has some injury questions. Overall, I like the Twins and White Sox, Detroit is better than their reputation, Cleveland is in trouble and KC is gonna get killed a couple times a week.

QUOTE (TLAK @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
What group do you think will deliver the most well thrown games over a 162 game season? I'm not talking Cy Young winners or great peripherals, but good starts where your team has a chance to win the game. That's how you win a division.

Indians

C. Lee

F. Carmona

C. Pavano

S. Lewis

A. Reyes

Royals

G. Meche

Z. Greinke

K. Davies

S. Ponson

H. Ramirez

Tigers

J. Verlander

E. Jackson

Z. Miner

R. Porcello

A. Galarraga

Twins

F. Liriano

K. Slowey

G. Perkins

N. Blackburn

R.A. Dickey

White Sox

M. Buehrle

J. Danks

G. Floyd

J. Contreras

B. Colon

Everybody has some injury questions. Overall, I like the Twins and White Sox, Detroit is better than their reputation, Cleveland is in trouble and KC is gonna get killed a couple times a week.

the tigers ? blah. i really like ours but if it can be healthy. if all the members of the rotations stay healthy, theres no doubt ours is the best. but who knows. we have to see

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 05:43 PM)
the tigers ? blah. i really like ours but if it can be healthy. if all the members of the rotations stay healthy, theres no doubt ours is the best. but who knows. we have to see

I think we have better 6/7 options than any team in the division except maybe the Twins if someone does go down.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 07:47 PM)
I think we have better 6/7 options than any team in the division except maybe the Twins if someone does go down.

that and the fact that if colon and contreras stay healthy(yea thats a huge if) , we have 5 potential aces. no other team in our division can say that.

QUOTE (WinningUgly85 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
Indians

C. Lee

Royals

Z. Greinke

Tigers

J. Verlander

Twins

F. Liriano

White Sox

J. Danks

itll be interesting to see how he does this year. he was really bad last year. i know that bcuz their pen was awful , he had to stay in there longer than he should have and gave up more runs but still. and he didnt look good at all today.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 05:51 PM)
itll be interesting to see how he does this year. he was really bad last year. i know that bcuz their pen was awful , he had to stay in there longer than he should have and gave up more runs but still. and he didnt look good at all today.

If gameday's gun is to be believed, his fastball was better than it was to start last year by quite a bit.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 08:01 PM)
If gameday's gun is to be believed, his fastball was better than it was to start last year by quite a bit.

that was actually part of the problem for him last year though. hes consistently been able to throw in the mid 90s. but he would try to over throw when he started to get into some trouble instead of just trying to pitch.

QUOTE (TLAK @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)

Indians

C. Lee

F. Carmona

C. Pavanohahah

Who?

Who?

Royals

G. Meche

Z. Greinke

K. Davies

Who?

Who?

Tigers

J. Verlander

E. Jackson

Who?

Who?

Who?

Twins

F. Liriano

K. Slowey

G. Perkins

N. Blackburn

Who?

White Sox

M. Buehrle

J. Danks

G. Floyd

J. Contreras

B. Colon

We have the best 1-2-3 and potentially dominant 1-5 if C+C do anything remotely good. Twins seem solid like always, but having no offense will hurt them.

How all the "experts" have the Indians as "clear" favorites baffles me. Lee will not repeat what he did, Carmona lost it, Pavano #3? Really?

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
Order for me goes White Sox, Tigers, Indians, Royals, Twins.

But I would argue that quality starts are only part of the equation. Obviously defense is huge, and currently is where the White Sox have the biggest weakness.

How do you have the Twins ranked last? I hate the twins as much as the next guy, but I think their starting pitching is pretty damn decent.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
How do you have the Twins ranked last? I hate the twins as much as the next guy, but I think their starting pitching is pretty damn decent.

i agree. sox ,twins 1-2. royals are last i think.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
Any rotation with Sidney Ponson and Horacio Ramirez in it is really that bad.

the same could be said for lewis + reyes, or hell, the entire detroit rotation behind verlander is just... wow, porcello+gallaraga, really Dombrowski? that sounds like desperation to me

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
the same could be said for lewis + reyes, or hell, the entire detroit rotation behind verlander is just... wow, porcello+gallaraga, really Dombrowski? that sounds like desperation to me

I don't know much about Porcello other than he's highly touted. I don't know if they're rushing him or anything though. Gallaraga was decent for them last year. I think Jackson and Miner are worse than Porcello and Gallaraga. Either way their rotation is full of question marks. You don't know what you're going to get each day those guys step on the bump.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 07:47 PM)
Order for me goes White Sox, Tigers, Indians, Royals, Twins.

But I would argue that quality starts are only part of the equation. Obviously defense is huge, and currently is where the White Sox have the biggest weakness.

Please don't rank the Twins last, somehow there will be a voodoo hex on this team if the Twins are ranked last, haha.