Special thread dedicated to shots at Wise

caulfield12

Fire away!

Couldn't be a more brutal game...three strikeouts and a failed sacrifice...when he didn't execute and Olivo dove to catch it, that was his best play of the day, and would have put Fields on 2nd and now the game would be tied. But he can't even mess up correctly.

Let's try Jerry Owens tomorrow. It couldn't get any worse. Everyone has seen this one coming like a deer in the headlights.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really need to make a thread like this after one game?

Most people want Getz in first and Wise or BA in 9th.

Slamming the guy nonstop however has the unintended effect of absolving others of their mistakes today, which lets face it were dumber than just striking out against a good pitcher.

Well, I should have waited until after the game...when I posted this, I had the idea we were going to lose and have the need to vent for the next 30 hours...so it was more for therapeutic purposes.

The fact of the matter is that everyone is already on Wise, you can already hear the boos coming from the fans today. I feel sorry for him a bit, but you shouldn't be feeling sorry for your leadoff hitter after just one game in a season.

So many positives:

1) Fields and Getz

2) Thome's bat

3) Buehrle's perseverance

4) the entire bullpen

NEGATIVES:

1) we are slow

2) we are slow

3) we are really slow

4) we are still station-to-station offensively

5) Quentin seems to be really fighting himself at-bat

Edited by caulfield12

GUYS YOU'RE ALL OVER-REACTING. YOU CAN'T JUDGE A PLAYER BASED ON ONE BAD GAME. IT'S TOO SMALL OF A SAMPLE SIZE. IT WAS A GOOD WIN CAN'T WE JUST ENJOY IT? GIVE HIM TIME.

Wait, this is exactly what he's done his entire career?

And he's 31 years old?

Carry on. This guy offers nothing that can't be replaced by any number of minor league free agents, and he's getting the most at-bats of anyone on the team.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
I really am amused by people who still think Ozzie is a good manager.

Ozzie seems to get lucky a lot when he makes some god-awful decisions. I don't bother saying much more though because I get that he's popular and the Sox have been successful under him.

Wise should be happy he's getting a chance to be an everyday player and that the Sox have let him play some baseball. At the same time, he's in a position where he can do nothing but fail. There is absolutely zero chance that Wise should be starting and leading off for any baseball team, let alone one that intends on contending. Its not his fault he's in a spot where he can't succeed nor is it Ozzie's fault that he was given zero options for the top of the order.

I understand he wants to keep Getz out of a pressure situation early, but ultimately Ozzie might not have that leeway and I really can't blame Ozzie for not wanting BA to leadoff cause he's still got a long ways to go as well. I don't blame Ozzie, I don't blame Wise, I blame Kenny. I still like Kenny though, but the in-house options were plain bad.

Ozzie seems to get lucky a lot when he makes some god-awful decisions. I don't bother saying much more though because I get that he's popular and the Sox have been successful under him.

Yeah, why be a good manager when you can be lucky? Ozzie has made some of the dumbest moves I've ever seen watching baseball. usually the (poor) excuse made for him is that many other managers in the league are as bad, if not worse. I really need to start watching more teams because I can't imagine many managers being much worse in-game (not that that's an excuse of ANY kind, anyway).

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
Do we really need to make a thread like this after one game?

Most people want Getz in first and Wise or BA in 9th.

Slamming the guy nonstop however has the unintended effect of absolving others of their mistakes today, which lets face it were dumber than just striking out against a good pitcher.

This thread is made after the culmination of last season, spring training, and one regular season game.

Dewayne Wise is a bad baseball player and he should be nowhere near the top of the order nor CF ever again. He will be given more chances, but I hope Anderson comes in and makes a good impression early on, ala Quentin last year, and he just takes the reigns over.