Charlotte Roster posted...

JPN366

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
Who is going to play shortstop?

Also, its a real shame that guys like Owens and Restovich are keeping David Cook in B-Ham.

I guess Torres or Dawkins. Also, it seems Justin Cassel is coming back to B'ham.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:01 PM)
I guess Torres or Dawkins. Also, it seems Justin Cassel is coming back to B'ham.

That can't be right. That means the rotation would be Egbert-Marquez-JVB-Whisler-Broadway, and NOT Cassel? Seriously??? That makes zero sense. Put Whisler in the pen, same with Broadway for that matter. How do you send the Southern League ERA champ with nothing left to prove BACK to B-Ham?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
That can't be right. That means the rotation would be Egbert-Marquez-JVB-Whisler-Broadway, and NOT Cassel? Seriously??? That makes zero sense. Put Whisler in the pen, same with Broadway for that matter. How do you send the Southern League ERA champ with nothing left to prove BACK to B-Ham?

Not sure, but that is 24 active players on Charlotte's roster and that is the limit. I didn't see Justin last night, so I don't know what his status is. Although, he may have just not been there.

Well, my understanding is that Egbert got put in the pen, and the 5 starters are looking like: Broadway, Marquez, JVB, Whisler, and now Gobble. I think it would have made a whole lot more sense to not sign Gobble and put Cassel into the Charlotte rotation, but maybe that want him and all the other prospects to develop down at AA together, kind of mesh together.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:29 PM)
Apart from the pitching, there seems to be a lot of suckage going down in Charlotte.

well, we have a bunch of AAAA players pretty much there. Our only position player prospects there are Armstrong and Lucy, and both of those guys are down on the prospect list. Well, this makes it easy for us to call up our studs from AA when needed and get them starting right away without having to make any tough roster moves.

Well, one thing's for sure, they have a powerhouse down in AA.

Guess we can pretty much skip even looking at the Charlotte results...all the action will be in AA and lower levels of the system.

Assumption is Torres would be playing SS with Gookie Dawkins at 2B...although L. Nix will take his spot eventually.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 06:05 AM)
Well, one thing's for sure, they have a powerhouse down in AA.

Guess we can pretty much skip even looking at the Charlotte results...all the action will be in AA and lower levels of the system.

Assumption is Torres would be playing SS with Gookie Dawkins at 2B...although L. Nix will take his spot eventually.

Or Lillibridge...