Preliminary Dash roster...

JPN366

QUOTE (False Alarm @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 12:21 AM)
i'm troubled by jose martinez's absence from all these rosters...

The WhiteSox put him on the Reserve List.

I'm guessing he has visa issues and will get sent to Kanny or Winston-Salem when those get cleared up.

Here's the official roster:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...ros&cid=580

Logan Johnson at catcher? That type of versatility will serve him well. He has a knack for getting on base, has some pop, bats lefty, and has a little speed, as well as the ability to play pretty much anywhere on the field. He should have a shot to make it to the bigs as a utility player. Having a third guy who can play catcher is big, IMO... however, it'd be more important in the NL then AL since we have the DH and don't make as many subs. However, that type of added versatility is good to have.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:00 PM)
Although it doesn't list the catchers (Adam Ricks and surprisingly Logan Johnson), this preliminary press release lists most of the players. I'm not sure about Matt Long though, he was in the Barons dugout last night. Not sure about Nate Jones, Ricky Brooks or Joe Persichina either.

Dash roster press release

Do you know if Logan Johnson is being converted to a catcher full-time or is it like a versatility thing like BearSox mentioned? And wasn't there talk at one point about converting Jorge Castillo to catcher as well? Or was that someone else? Because I see he's listed as a DH for Kanny.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 09:39 AM)
Do you know if Logan Johnson is being converted to a catcher full-time or is it like a versatility thing like BearSox mentioned? And wasn't there talk at one point about converting Jorge Castillo to catcher as well? Or was that someone else? Because I see he's listed as a DH for Kanny.

Seems like it's full time. Only him and Adam Ricks are on the roster.