If Getz were put into the leadoff spot

Princess Dye

getz fields quentin thome dye konerko AJ ramirez Anderson

until beckham is ready...then

getz fields quentin thome dye konerko AJ ramriez (CF) beckham (SS)

then once beckham begins to rake he will gradually move up in the order and hopefulyl settle nicely in the 2 spot

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)
I think Fields or Ramirez would be the best fit and I'm leaning towards Fields.

I know he had a solid game yesterday, but do you really want a guy who is guaranteed to strike out like 150 times batting 2nd?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 09:08 AM)
I know he had a solid game yesterday, but do you really want a guy who is guaranteed to strike out like 150 times batting 2nd?

sure why not...as long as his obp is there....with a high obp guy in front of him, at least K's keep you out of the DP, and usually give the guy on 1st a long enough AB to potentially try to swipe a bag....and fields raked when he hit 2nd in 2007...also even if the Ks were a concern he appears to have cut down on his Ks and has more focus on making contact

edit: besides moving fields (who can actually hit) to 2nd, puts a guy who may strike out 120 times into the 2 hole, but also moves a guy in wise (who can't hit) and will also strike out 120 times, out of the 1 spot

Edited by daa84

Ramirez: better speed, better ability to make contact, bunt (although Josh did a nice job yesterday), not as selective at the plate...better ability to hit to the right side of the field (Josh has shown some signs here too), classic FB hitter

Fields: higher OBP, decent speed, has to prove he has the bat speed (which is looking good so far)

JOSH as #2 hitter in 2007=.230 .297 .500 .797

I don't think we can call a .297 OBP and .230 BA "raking," although his OBP was decent because of his SLG.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 09:08 AM)

His contact rate has been up this spring. He hasn't been striking out like before. This could be due to health, a change in his batting stance or the fact now that he can see without contacts. He got Lasik surgery in the off season as well. I don't think its a guarantee that he is going to strikeout on the same clip as before.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
Ramirez: better speed, better ability to make contact, bunt (although Josh did a nice job yesterday), not as selective at the plate...better ability to hit to the right side of the field (Josh has shown some signs here too), classic FB hitter

Fields: higher OBP, decent speed, has to prove he has the bat speed (which is looking good so far)

JOSH as #2 hitter in 2007=.230 .297 .500 .797

I don't think we can call a .297 OBP and .230 BA "raking," although his OBP was decent because of his SLG.

my mistake...you are correct. he certainly did not rake in the 2 hole. i know you meant to say OPS instead of OBP though.

Im certainly ok with Alexei in 2 hole as well. Really, I'm ok with either, as long as it means Dewayne Wise isn't getting the most amount ABs for our team

There are many options but Wise leading off is a mistake. I would rather Thome lead off and be on base for TCQ. Wise/Anderson should bat 9th. Who would you want getting more at bats this year, Ramirez or Wise? No brainer. Also, I was wr-wr-wr-wrong about Fields. I thought KW would trade him. Fields is different this year. Hitting to right field in the spring, bunting, more singles, higher average is not what I expected from HR or K Fields. Josh needs more AB's too. Fields/Ramirez should not bat 8th or 9th. I know Ozzie wants better production from the lower third of the lineup. I do too, but you don't do that at the expense of your upper third! Why? because they bat more often. C'mon Ozzie.

I would try this

Getz

Ramirez

TCQ

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Fields

AJ

Anderson