The Official "Please Acquire Elijah Dukes" Thread

TheHolyBovine

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 02:30 AM)
If Nick Swisher and Orlando Cabrera can't survive in the Sox clubhouse, then how does anyone think Dukes could? The Sox have a very quiet persona in the clubhouse, and bringing in a trainwreck waiting to happen won't help.

Plus if he is so good how come he can't crack the lineup of one of the worse teams-record wise-in MLB?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 12:01 PM)
Why isn't Dukes starting in Washington?

He is obviously too good to start in Washington, therefore he requires one of the top prospects from the Sox.....that, and a lifetime supply of huggies.

I havent read all the replies to this topic but...DUKES IS AN ASS. He played here in Montgomery a while back, and according to everyone here was the biggest ass in the clubhouse and out of it. This is the last guy i would want ruining this team.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 01:36 PM)
I havent read all the replies to this topic but...DUKES IS AN ASS. He played here in Montgomery a while back, and according to everyone here was the biggest ass in the clubhouse and out of it. This is the last guy i would want ruining this team.

no way kenny brings in a guy like this. sure he has gotten guys like everett and aj in the past. but theyre completley diff. its one things to play cards in the clubhouse and its another to threaten to kill someone lol. aint happening.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)
I'm not even going to look at who started this thread.

Feel free to DIAF along with Joe Crede after his first standing ovation at-bat for Minn for suggesting this. :P

We're on page 8, so I would say that people have opinions on this topic. Isn't that the point of a message board?

Is there an approved list of topics we can talk about?

I think there are several points to this thread:

a) People are pissed about the CF situation (deservedly so)

B) Many potential acquisitions exist that would at least temporarily solve the problem (including Dukes)

CF has been a problem for this team FOR YEARS. KW's insistence that we "can't afford" a CF, either financially or in the players it would take to acquire such a player, is complete bulls***.

The truth is, they have been counting on Ownes to take over the job for years, and cannot publically admit that their player evaluation skills were abysmal in this case.

QUOTE (TheHolyBovine @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
We're on page 8, so I would say that people have opinions on this topic. Isn't that the point of a message board?

B) Many potential acquisitions exist that would at least temporarily solve the problem (including Dukes)

CF has been a problem for this team FOR YEARS. KW's insistence that we "can't afford" a CF, either financially or in the players it would take to acquire such a player, is complete bulls***.

The truth is, they have been counting on Ownes to take over the job for years, and cannot publically admit that their player evaluation skills were abysmal in this case.

Someone needs to learn how to take a joke.

QUOTE (TheHolyBovine @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)

Well, there's a couple of other theories...1) Lillibridge would/could evolve into the leadoff hitter and CFer and 2) they could muddle through the first half of the season and wait for Beckham to come up, putting Ramirez in CF (although Ramirez looks like he's becoming more and more comfortable at SS) and 3) the asking price and/or available options like Pierre or Mathews, Jr., weren't viable

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 11:50 PM)
1. Im sure he didn't plan to have kids with several different women, some guys prefer to raw dog it and use the pull and pray method.. Its possible he is just unlucky, but I think its fair to say no one WANTS to have several kids with several women.

2. Plenty of people sleep with multiple women, there is nothing immoral about that at all. Sex is awesome, and if you enjoy it why wouldn't you have sex with lots of people? I have a friend that is in the 100's, none of them have gotten pregnant and hes not a condom man, which brings me back to point #1 that maybe he is just unlucky in that department.

3. Are you saying that a 24 year old sleeping with a 17 year old is immoral? Or is it that she got pregnant? Is that because shes 17? Do you realize that in most places being 17 is legal age of consent? Or are you saying sleeping with someone 7 years younger than you is immoral? If shes 24 and hes 31 is it still immoral?

This is the stupidest f***ing thing that I have ever read in my entire life. My God.

1. It doesn't matter whether or not you "plan" to have kids, or STD's, or anything else. When you have unprotected sex with people you hardly know, whatever it is that you get is exactly what you deserve. If you are with a woman and you get her pregnant, you're not "unlucky" you stupid f***, you're irresponsible trash, and you are now confronted with a decision to either kill an undeveloped child, become a dead-beat dad, or suddenly "grow up" which is much easier said than done, especially if you're already human garbage. There's nothing funny about single mothers, child support, and abortion. With your lack of moral understanding I hope you never, ever have relations with a female.

2. There is nothing wrong with having sex, but there is a whole lot wrong with being that irresponsible. Your friend is a filthy scumbag without any morals and has no idea of the value and preciousness of human life. I'm sure he brags all about his "conquests" and so on, everyone knows at least one of those pieces of trash, and I'm sure through all his bragging and gloating he'll never, ever understand that he's nothing more than a lonely weakling who can't control his emotions. Defending the actions of a whore who just can't stop being promiscuous is just like defending the actions of a drunk driver who just can't stop having a few drinks before hitting the road. You're defending someone with no self control who is only seeking self-gratification and who in the process is risking other people's lives.

3. I don't care if she's 15, 16, 17, whatever. By her willingly having sexual intercourse she made an adult decision and therefore must accept adult consequences. I don't care how old she is, she was an adult the moment she made that decision so that's not a factor for me. What is disturbing however is why a 24-year-old man wouldn't be looking for someone closer to his age group, but then again, it all makes sense. He was seeking someone close to his maturity level, but because he wasn't attracted to 4-year-old girls, he did the best he could.