Kanny roster posted...

JPN366

This is gonna be an important year for Kent Gerst. Hopefully we see Hudson and Carter moving up the ranks quickly as well. I'm really high on these guys, especially Hudson. I think Hudson might be the best starting pitching prospect we have.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 07:38 AM)
Kanny has both Escobar and Kuhn? Along with Persichina and Morel? Who loses playing time, since those 4 play 3 positions?

Also, seems odd to me that Innouye is repeating Kanny as a catcher, and Dubler is apparently going to be asked to repeat Rookie ball.

Morel is in W-S.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:38 AM)
Kanny has both Escobar and Kuhn? Along with Persichina and Morel? Who loses playing time, since those 4 play 3 positions?

Also, seems odd to me that Innouye is repeating Kanny as a catcher, and Dubler is apparently going to be asked to repeat Rookie ball.

I'm assuming Kuhn will plays SS Escobar plays 2B Gilmore plays 3B and Persichina is a INF bench player. In addition Dubler onlt hit .238 at Bristol last year.

QUOTE (chisox357 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:51 AM)
I'm assuming Kuhn will plays SS Escobar plays 2B Gilmore plays 3B and Persichina is a INF bench player. In addition Dubler onlt hit .238 at Bristol last year.

Welcome to the board!

Dubler struggled big time at Bristol, though he was hitting more like .138 for a lot of it, then took off at the end. For a relatively high draft choice, I'd think they would push him up to A ball. But I guess he'll repeat Bristol, or be in GF - at least to start the year.

I think the plan is to still have Inouye be a utility guy, and who knows how the Logan Johnson catching experiment will go in W-S, Flowers may get promoted... so there will probably be room to move up later in the season.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 07:38 AM)

Joe Persichina can play all four infield spots, right field and left field. I was hoping he'd be in B'ham, that guy gives his all 100% of the time.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
I hate saying it, but Ken Williams looked like quite the athlete when I saw him play a week or two ago. Still has a ways to go, but he had a couple nice hits.

Maybe he'll retire after this year like Oney.

QUOTE (chisox357 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:51 AM)

Sounds about right, but you gotta swap Kuhn and Escobar. Escobar was supposedly a pretty good defensive SS last year, and from everything I read about Kuhn, he won't be able to cut as a SS.

I really like Kuhn, he seems very similar to Chris Getz, IMO.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 06:30 AM)
Sounds about right, but you gotta swap Kuhn and Escobar. Escobar was supposedly a pretty good defensive SS last year, and from everything I read about Kuhn, he won't be able to cut as a SS.

I really like Kuhn, he seems very similar to Chris Getz, IMO.

thats what i was thinking. kuhn is a offensive player and escobar is considered one of the best defensive infield prospects in the organization

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
And so what happens?

Kuhn gets moved to LF.

That's the thing about minor league baseball... always surprises.

Right now, I believe Kuhn is being looked at as a utility man, so it makes sense to try him out at a lot of positions.