Will Fans boo Crede Friday?

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
This Friday Crede returns to the Cell as a twin. Will fans boo him?

I foresee a standing O, and rightfull so!

I agree with you. Crede deserves a standing "O" when he plays in Chitown

I would give Crede polite applause. He was a key factor in the '05 playoff run, but he doesn't rate, imho, the standing O Ventura got when he can back the first time. Robin got screwed over by the Sox and I think the fans wanted him to know that they knew.

Don't get me wrong, I was always a Crede fan. In fact, I was one of his most ardent defenders here. But, the sucking vortex we had a 3b between Robin and Joe may have contributed to that.

Standing O...He was a MAJOR part of why we have a 2005 World Title. NO PLAYER on that team would ever be booed by me...they gave me the greatest sporting year of my LIFE...they ECLIPSED Super Bowl 20...for those boys, TO INCLUDE Joe Crede, I am forever thankful to them. I wont ever forget it and ill be damned if Id boo anyone who was part of that 2005 team.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 10:22 AM)
Standing O...He was a MAJOR part of why we have a 2005 World Title. NO PLAYER on that team would ever be booed by me...they gave me the greatest sporting year of my LIFE...they ECLIPSED Super Bowl 20...for those boys, TO INCLUDE Joe Crede, I am forever thankful to them. I wont ever forget it and ill be damned if Id boo anyone who was part of that 2005 team.

I agree he was a major part of that team. I have stated that through the stretch, playoffs and the series he was the MV (position) P. The pitching staff won that for us, but Crede sure as hell came up huge.

I also think he'll get a standing O in the first at bat. Crede was very loved here and the way he left was nothing like that of Magglio or something. Yeah, he signed with a rival and it seemed like him and KW/Ozzie were always on a different page about who was offering contracts and what not... but he's a big part of Sox history.

It's like at soxfest when that one guy was thanking KW for getting rid of him and everyone just started booing.

Well, when Big Frank came back as an A, he got a standing O. Then he hit a homer, and got another standing O.

When he hit his second one of the game, though, we booed him. He was probably laughing when we did; we were.

We owe Crede damn near EVERYTHING for what he did in '05; I expect him to get similar classy treatment here. I never want to see us act like Cleveland fans did towards Thome.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)
Well, when Big Frank came back as an A, he got a standing O. Then he hit a homer, and got another standing O.

When he hit his second one of the game, though, we booed him. He was probably laughing when we did; we were.

We owe Crede damn near EVERYTHING for what he did in '05; I expect him to get similar classy treatment here. I never want to see us act like Cleveland fans did towards Thome.

Obviously Crede deserves a ton of credit for '05, but Frank is the greatest offensive player in franchise history, IMO Frank is on a different level than Joe... with that said, Crede still deserves a ton of applause his first AB, then it can pipe down. Also, Crede is with one of our main rivals.

I love Joe Crede... but it's not like he wanted to still be here. Weve made many many suggestions and instructions to him on how to re-hab, he ignored it all and kept listening to that ass Boras. It's too bad his agent totally screwed up his payday and his career, cuase he probably should be raking by now. Crede kept beliveing Boras that the Sox were out against him, and now he sits having to completely re-prove himself as a reliable ballplayer. I wil never forget the fond memories that Joe gave me/us in our 05 run, I will never forget on how we basically had to re-tool his swing every damn year as well. He was a joy to watch defensively, despite last year, but in all honesty, he's a Twin now and I could care less that he's gone. We'll probbaly be better off, and Joe got what he wanted. Good for him, but I refuse to root for any Twin.