Will Fans boo Crede Friday?

iWiN4PreP

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)
I'd give him the standing ovation his first at bat. Then nothing, really.

But I don't generally boo players unless they conduct themselves like assholes towards the fans or the game. I didn't boo Wise, even though he was terrible yesterday.

I boo Maggs. That is about it for ex-sox players. will always cheer Lee and Crede.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ron @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
Standing O that first at bat. After that, he's a Twin and will be treated accordingly.

Exactly.

I'd give him his due, tip of the cap, standing applause...after that he's a Twin and may feel free to DIAF. That's die in a fire, not literally of course, but sarcastically. :D

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
I can't think of a single good reason to boo him. He'd get a polite golf clap in his first AB from me were I in attendance.

I can, he's a Twin.

He has leeway because of 2005, and because of all he's done with the Sox, but...he's a Twin.

A TWIN.

$#@!

:stick

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
I can, he's a Twin.

He has leeway because of 2005, and because of all he's done with the Sox, but...he's a Twin.

A TWIN.

$#@!

:stick

So you boo every Twins batter who comes to the plate? Sounds like a waste of energy to me.

Crede is an interesting situation.

He was the MVP of the WS, in my mind.

He was a favorite of most Sox fans, although he never really did reach his potential over the course of an entire season.

He is the best fielding 3B I remember the Sox ever having, I'd take him over Robin and Hank Perry (had to include him).

It was Field's time, and that's something Kenny has been waiting for. For some time. He liked Crede, but it seemed like he knew that his back problems were too irratic.

Crede never gave the Sox the commitment they were looking for, AKA getting rid of Boras. Boras is like the girl you are going after's best friend who hates you because you called her a name. She never forgets and constantly talks you down. He also SOUGHT out the Twins. The Giants wanted him, and he could have gone with his old friend Rowand, but he sought out the Twins, most likely to spite the Sox at least a little.

So, my ruling on it is this.

Joe shall get a standing O when his name is announced in the lineup, pre-game. Once he steps up to bat as a Twinkie, go ahead and give him the 2nd standing O. After that, he should be booed, because he chose to go sleep with the enemy.

We just need to make sure we are classy and not trashy like Cleveland. Establish the respect and ovation, then boo the man for his decision, or just don't react if you don't want to boo.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
So you boo every Twins batter who comes to the plate? Sounds like a waste of energy to me.

No, I never said I'd boo, I merely said he could DIAF, and some people would consider being a Twin reason enough to boo, you asked for a good reason, I gave you one.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
No, I never said I'd boo, I merely said he could DIAF, and some people would consider being a Twin reason enough to boo, you asked for a good reason, I gave you one.

So just playing for the Twins is good enough reason to boo a player? If that's the only qualification for being boo worthy then you could conceivably boo every Twins hitter each time they come to the plate, that's pretty lame. In my world you need to do a bit more than put on an certain jersey to get your ass booed, if you want the gesture to retain any kind of value then you need to pick your places.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
So just playing for the Twins is good enough reason to boo a player? If that's the only qualification for being boo worthy then you could conceivably boo every Twins hitter each time they come to the plate, that's pretty lame. In my world you need to do a bit more than put on an certain jersey to get your ass booed, if you want the gesture to retain any kind of value then you need to pick your places.

If you played for the Twins, I'd boo you too. :D

Is Crede gonna be in attendance at the Sox-Royals game on Thursday? :P

I would certainly give him a standing O for his first at-bat as an opponent, but as many have already said, after that he is a Twin and will be rooted against accordingly.

Edited by kageman129

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:55 AM)
Obviously Crede deserves a ton of credit for '05, but Frank is the greatest offensive player in franchise history, IMO Frank is on a different level than Joe... with that said, Crede still deserves a ton of applause his first AB, then it can pipe down. Also, Crede is with one of our main rivals.

That may be, but Frank was not instrumental in not only saving us from our September skid but also in key plays in the playoffs World Series as well. And not just with his bat.

Moot anyway, since no, I doubt he's gonna get an ovation every time he shows up, because he is on another team now. I certainly don't blame him for that, as he's been a question mark for years now. I wish him the best career ever, except when they're playing us.

Which I think is fair.

Hopefully we greet him with low and away stuff, and breaking balls in the dirt. I want to see those high majestic popups to the 2nd baseman, or the roll over grounder to the SS, or the electric K. Anyone throws a fastball middle in, and they should be running foul poles after the game.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 10:45 AM)
There is no way fans will boo Joe. If they do I would be ashamed.

They should boo him for taking a year off on the team's dime to get the very surgery the White Sox wanted him to have at end of 2006.

In '07 he took $5 million for playing 47 games. Last year he took $5.1 m for 97 games. If it weren't for him they wouldn't have had to raise the price of beer.

And he's a Twin too. Booooo!

I'd give him the standing ovation his first at bat. Then nothing, really.

That sounds reasonable to me.

The standing ovation will forever be in his mind and in reports of the game, in the papers, sportscenter, etc.

After that ... even Crede knows no Sox fan is going to root for a Twins player.

I'd say standing ovation one at bat or polite applause, after that, nothing. He made the decision to play for the Twins instead of the Giants.

I would have no reaction to him except a polite applause for what he did in September and October of 2005, a similar reaction to that I would have for an Aaron Rowand return. I don't think an all out standing ovation is in order though, and booing him is definitely not in order.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
That may be, but Frank was not instrumental in not only saving us from our September skid but also in key plays in the playoffs World Series as well. And not just with his bat.

Moot anyway, since no, I doubt he's gonna get an ovation every time he shows up, because he is on another team now. I certainly don't blame him for that, as he's been a question mark for years now. I wish him the best career ever, except when they're playing us.

Which I think is fair.

of course, Joe Crede never won 2 MVPs and had a 3rd taken away from him in 2000.

I'd give him an ovation, but I would never cheer for him at this point, and in fact quite the opposite, I'd cheer for a pop up.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 06:09 AM)
I'd give him an ovation, but I would never cheer for him at this point, and in fact quite the opposite, I'd cheer for a pop up.

It will be nice to be cheering for the pop ups now.