Will Fans boo Crede Friday?

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
Every person that tells me not to boo I'll boo even louder.

You people are only making it worse!

I haven't told anyone not to boo, I just said how I felt about it.

The right to boo comes free with the price of a ticket.

If it feels good, do it.

The video thing is very classy.

All members of our world championship team are special in their own right.

Cheer him the first at bat; silence the rest of his career outside of Chicago.

GO SOX.

I wanted to add this Ozzie quote from the Sun Times:

"Joe is very special in this house,'' Guillen said. ''In my heart, in my mind, that guy is a pro. I've got more respect for him than anybody out there because I saw him play for me when he was hurt. I saw him play for me when he couldn't even move his legs. I appreciate that. Hopefully he has a really bad weekend here and then plays better.''

Say what you want about Oz, but he doesn't lie. He thought Joe was a gamer. Cheer him once.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
That sounds reasonable to me.

The standing ovation will forever be in his mind and in reports of the game, in the papers, sportscenter, etc.

After that ... even Crede knows no Sox fan is going to root for a Twins player.

I'd say standing ovation one at bat or polite applause, after that, nothing. He made the decision to play for the Twins instead of the Giants.

Sox fans boo Maggs and he was one of our best players this side of Big Hurt and Ventura...I appreciate what Crede did,especially in the 2005 postseason but he's a Twin now.I agree,one standing O in his first at bat,after that,boos and jeers...

Instead of booing Crede,we should maybe boo our offense,let's see if it shames them into picking it up...if you told me that the Royals would score 2 runs each game in our opening series,I would've told you we would sweep them or at least take 2 of 3 games,take away Thome's blast away and we would've been swept,meh...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 05:32 AM)
Sox fans boo Maggs and he was one of our best players this side of Big Hurt and Ventura...I appreciate what Crede did,especially in the 2005 postseason but he's a Twin now.I agree,one standing O in his first at bat,after that,boos and jeers...

Except Magglio trashed our team, not to mention the whole Ozzie feud. I didn't boo him, but it was deserved. Totally different from Crede's situation.

I hope the Sox televise his "video tribute" :)

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 04:16 PM)
The Sox are giving him the video tribute thing.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-white-sox.html

That's classy. Imho, booing him would not be.

yea i hope fans dont boo him evertime. they can do what they want,they pay to get in but i dont want sox fans to look as bad as indians fans who kept booing thome. cheer for him his 1st ab and then just treat him like every other opposing player

Are you all kidding?? Joe was the MVP of the 2005 playoffs, and in some people's view (like Joe Buck for example) the MVP of the ALCS and the World Series... Did you boo Ho Baines when we retired his number and traded him? Give me a break... Joe is a hero for White Sox fans, always should be...

I booed Crede last year while he was still with the White Sox and I'll continue to boo him now that he is part of the twins.

What Joe Crede did in 2005 was great, but everything he did after that pissed me off: He waited too long to get surgery, he became a dick when he cared more about money than staying with the Sox for a cheaper contract when he shouldn't expect much money because of his back, and his agent is Boras.

Also, it didn't help that I became a big fan of Fields and Crede's return sent Fields back to Charlotte. And when Crede returned, he committed a ton of errors and got hurt again all the while a bunch of annoying Crede fanbois kept acting like Crede was some sort of Messiah-like figure.

Give me a break. I'll always hate Crede more than I hate Anderson.

Fields is twice the ballplayer and person that Crede will ever be.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 12:33 PM)
I booed Crede last year while he was still with the White Sox and I'll continue to boo him now that he is part of the twins.

What Joe Crede did in 2005 was great, but everything he did after that pissed me off: He waited too long to get surgery, he became a dick when he cared more about money than staying with the Sox for a cheaper contract when he shouldn't expect much money because of his back, and his agent is Boras.

Also, it didn't help that I became a big fan of Fields and Crede's return sent Fields back to Charlotte. And when Crede returned, he committed a ton of errors and got hurt again all the while a bunch of annoying Crede fanbois kept acting like Crede was some sort of Messiah-like figure.

Give me a break. I'll always hate Crede more than I hate Anderson.

Fields is twice the ballplayer and person that Crede will ever be.

1. He waited on surgery because that is what people with back problems SHOULD do. Back surgery is risky, and any doctor worth their salt would tell you it is a last resort. Its easy for fans to point and say he should have had surgery, but that isn't the smart thing to do, at all.

2. Most players go for the best possible money, or at least darn close to it. How you can fault Crede for this but not everyone else is beyond me.

3. The guy went out there with a serious injury as much as he could. He may not have made all the best decisions, but, you hate him for that? Seriously?

4. You haven't got clue one about what kind of person Crede or Fields are.

5. Not sure if you are aware, but, this wasn't just Crede walking away from the Sox - the Sox weren't going to rely on him as a starter in a free agent contract (nor should they). It was a mutual decision.

6. Fields = 2 * Crede? LOLOLOLOL... I agree it was time to move on from Crede, for obvious reasons of injury and money, but this is just laughable. Let's give Fields a year or two, and Crede as well for that matter, before making bizarre hyperbole about who is twice the player someone else is.

QUOTE (WinningUgly85 @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
Crede is a great guy. I don't understand why someone would boo him. It's not like he bad mouthed the white sox organization or did anything wrong here. It just came down to how healthy he could stay last season.

How about reports of him not returning KW's calls when they were trying to find out how his back was feeling towards the end of last season?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
How about reports of him not returning KW's calls when they were trying to find out how his back was feeling towards the end of last season?

I don't remember hearing about that but I'm pretty sure I remember Crede saying last year that he wanted to finish his career here. I don't know why he would avoid KW unless SCOTT BORASS didn't inform him that KW was trying to reach him. :lolhitting

QUOTE (WinningUgly85 @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
I don't remember hearing about that but I'm pretty sure I remember Crede saying last year that he wanted to finish his career here. I don't know why he would avoid KW unless SCOTT BORASS didn't inform him that KW was trying to reach him. :lolhitting

Joe Crede never siad anything close to translating to wanting to finish his career here, in fact he couldn't wait to get his ass outta here and went to the Twins probably in spite of the Sox. He was molded to believe the Sox were out against him and never valued his presence on the team. Time and time again, Crede went against the Sox wishes for re-hab reccomondations. Boras is a big part of it, but a lot of this attiute crap falls directly on Joe too. I can understand if he's not the most out-going guy around, but that's not how our team works... and it was apperant that he was always looking after Joe Crede first.

Edited by watchtower41