Sox-Royals on WGN Tonight - 7:11pm CDT

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
I'm going all out with the Thome love this year, this is probably the last time I'll get to see him play in a White Sox uniform so he's getting my unwavering admiration and defense. He will be my one bias.

time to bring the Thome silhouette out of the mothballs

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
Which is weird because Jim Thome probably busts his ass harder down the first base line than any other lumbering slugger in the game.

I should get my grandmother signed up at soxtalk just so she could argue with you. :P

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 01:57 PM)
Zach Greinke gave up 21 homers last season in 202.1 IP. If you take out what the White Sox did to him, it's 15 homers in 180 IP. The Sox have raked against Greinke in the past.

In Greinke's career, he is 0-6 in eight games with a 7.78 ERA at U.S. Cellular Field. hmmm...for some reason i just remember him being good...well hopefully this trend continues :gosoxretro:

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
I'm going all out with the Thome love this year, this is probably the last time I'll get to see him play in a White Sox uniform so he's getting my unwavering admiration and defense. He will be my one bias.

if he has a good yr..maybe 260,30,90 something like that or better, cant you see the sox bringing him back next year, at a discounted rate?

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
if he has a good yr..maybe 260,30,90 something like that or better, cant you see the sox bringing him back next year, at a discounted rate?

I think we can all see that...but there's two things, one, does KW see that? two, does Big Jim see that?

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)

I hold off on predictions and hypotheticals like that until at least late July because so much can change over the course of a year. In the meantime I'm going to work under the assumption that he will not be back with us next year.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
Wise- CF

Getz- 2B

Q- LF

Thome- DH

Dye- RF

Konerko- 1B

AJ- C

Alexei- SS

Fields- 3B

Floyd- P

I LOVE the 8, 9. There's a world of potential with those two.

I HATE the 1.

Edited by BaseballNick

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
I dont like Wise, and call me crazy, but I think he is going to have a good game.

What's bad is some Sox fans will root against him. They see all this upside to getting BA in their quicker, so much so that they're willing to risk some wins for it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp...=4&sort=avg

Fun facts, BA and D. Wise are both 1 for 1 (1.000) lifetime against Greinke.

The only players in our line-up that have really struggled with him are Konerko, Ramirez (1 for 9) and Fields (0 for 5).

You really can't take Josh Fields out of the line-up already because Wilson Betemit is 1/2 against him...and Josh is 100% healthy now.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
What's bad is some Sox fans will root against him. They see all this upside to getting BA in their quicker, so much so that they're willing to risk some wins for it.

no, i'm not willing to risk wins - if he's up in a crucial situation of COURSE i'll want him to succeed. but in all other instances i want a K.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
I think I am gonna watch the game with my grandparents tonight. I havent seen them in a while and my grandma is a die hard sox fan and she is hilarious. She gets sooooo angry when Jim Thome is running out a groundball, everytime she yells "He isnt even trying ,look at him!". LOL

Can your Grandma outrun him? Grammas are a lot of fun aren''t they?