Sox-Royals on WGN Tonight - 7:11pm CDT

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:33 PM)
i actually feel pretty good about PK this year....i dont feel good about Alexei..not sure why, just dont think he'll repeat what he did last year
The thing I ask myself though - which of those two still has a quick bat? Not Paulie, not seein yet at least.

Hopefully the way he finished out last year will return. The one glimmer of hope is that his whole career has been full of prolonged bad stretches. So last year's first three quarters doesnt mean he's done.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 06:36 PM)
Hopefully the way he finished out last year will return. The one glimmer of hope is that his whole career has been full of prolonged bad stretches. So last year's first three quarters doesnt mean he's done.

He was hurting the first 2/3 of last year as well.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
Floyd should have hit Teahan. The bad blood is from the series when K.C. hit 5 Sox hitters

Coco Crisp would look great on the Sox right now.

This offense is going to struggle all year. The starting pitching better be lights out.

With a man on 3rd, it's risky, shoulda just walked him.

hopefully the sox can get greinke to throw some pitches next inning...he has 76..if we can get a couple guys on we can get into their pen....which we have to do quicker rather than later, as we are gonna see cruz and soria today and not the farns

Hawk with the family oriented telecast.

Though nothing beats that playoff game where Scottie Pippen was announcing and after a bigtime shot he exclaimed "LUOL DENG HAS SOME BIG BALLS"

Needless to say, no more Scottie on the air.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
i actually feel pretty good about PK this year....i dont feel good about Alexei..not sure why, just dont think he'll repeat what he did last year

Agreed that Alexei and especially Quentin will take a step back offensively this year.

Paulie's OPS has been steadily falling since '06. Much of that can be attributed to injuries, but it's not like players get less injury-prone with age. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him being anything more than a #7 hitter next year.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
Hawk with the family oriented telecast.

Though nothing beats that playoff game where Scottie Pippen was announcing and after a bigtime shot he exclaimed "LUOL DENG HAS SOME BIG BALLS"

Needless to say, no more Scottie on the air.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 06:41 PM)
Quentin's minor league stats tell the tale though, he was a monster down there. I think it holds up, maybe some decrease but not tons.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe 27 HRs and 90 RBI instead.

Quentin's minor league stats tell the tale though, he was a monster down there. I think it holds up, maybe some decrease but not tons.

I think quentin will have problems coming back from the wrist injury. Many hitters do.

I think hell be a beast the year after this tho, and hell be adequate this year