Sox-Royals on WGN Tonight - 7:11pm CDT

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
so who are you supposed to boo??? good baseball players?? booing is a message to the manager and GM as much as it is to the player. toby halls fatass sucked too, i didnt feel bad for him either

How about saving the boos for big-money prima donnas who don't get it done in the clutch? Or PED users? Or jerks like Albert Belle and Barry Bonds?

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
yeah i really feel bad for guys who make at minimum above 300k get treated like f***ing kings, and play baseball for a living....this is baseball and wise is a baseball player...not your daughter who comes home crying because she didnt make the cheer squad....i spent 800 bucks for 2 tickets in an ozzie plan, and if i want to boo when i see a horrible baseball player not perform and in a position he shouldn't be...i'll boo

if we signed coco crips for 8 mil, and he sucked, would you be so outraged that you threw your beer at him? lol

joking, sorta

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
how about you boo at the end of the game if you lose

booing individual players is f***ing pointless, just like your arguement

So if you have a bad GM, then you should cheer him on? If you have a bad owner, you should accept it?

I understand that it doesnt help the player when he gets booed during a game, but you know what, he shouldnt be in that position in the first place, so what is really the only way for fans to show their frustration with the crap that is out there, its by booing the player that sucks to make their point that he shouldnt be playing. Sucks for Wise, but thats how the game goes.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
So if you have a bad GM, then you should cheer him on? If you have a bad owner, you should accept it?

I understand that it doesnt help the player when he gets booed during a game, but you know what, he shouldnt be in that position in the first place, so what is really the only way for fans to show their frustration with the crap that is out there, its by booing the player that sucks to make their point that he shouldnt be playing. Sucks for Wise, but thats how the game goes.

and calling out the morons for booing, sucks for the morons, but that's how life goes

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
if we signed coco crips for 8 mil, and he sucked, would you be so outraged that you threw your beer at him? lol

joking, sorta

throwing beer is obviously completely different....

i mean do i think it woudl suck to get booed by an entire stadium....but booing is the way the fans can voice their displeasure with the current situation....and i would boo (and did after dewaynes 4th AB yesterday) to voice my displeasure with KW and ozzie putting a bad baseball player on the field and getting bad results

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
I'm going to back up daa here. Fans are not so much booing Wise, but the situation itself. Given the circumstances, we have every right to voice our displeasure with the lead off spot.

please tony, i know you would not be one of the boo-birds at these games.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
yeah i really feel bad for guys who make at minimum above 300k get treated like f***ing kings, and play baseball for a living....this is baseball and wise is a baseball player...not your daughter who comes home crying because she didnt make the cheer squad....i spent 800 bucks for 2 tickets in an ozzie plan, and if i want to boo when i see a horrible baseball player not perform and in a position he shouldn't be...i'll boo

Wise isn't going to make 300k this year because he isn't going to stick.

Edited by JorgeFabregas

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 09:01 PM)
throwing beer is obviously completely different....

i mean do i think it woudl suck to get booed by an entire stadium....but booing is the way the fans can voice their displeasure with the current situation....and i would boo (and did after dewaynes 4th AB yesterday) to voice my displeasure with KW and ozzie putting a bad baseball player on the field and getting bad results

i think it's funny that, not the players POOR performance but, the booing, is what would ultimately lead the GM to make a change.

don't you think he probably goes by stats before the fan's displeasure of the situation? i can't remember a professional sports GM making a change because the fans lead him to that decision

I dont buy the whole thing about "they're not booing Wise, they're booing the situation"

If this is the case, there should be boos elsewhere. They were booing Wise 3 at-bats into the year, some report it was even earlier than that.

If it's meant for KW and his inability to provide a top of the order, then evenly distribute it amongst the other guys who arent producing at the top of the order.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 06:56 PM)

Then go ahead and boo. Nobody's trying to stop you. But understand that your Constitutional right to boo doesn't render you above reproach.