NFL Jerseys

Anyone have any deals, I found a 15% coupon code for NFL shops for anyone who wants to buy a Cutler jersey. I just want to get a white one cause i"ve never had a white Bears jersey (I currently own navy version of Grossman/McNown/Urlacher).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, just an FYI, but the resident capologist at TalkBears.com (probably the best Bears capologist not being employed by the Bears) has indicated that the Bears still have over 20M in available cap room for this season. Pretty tremendous news given that the team has already acquired Pace, Omilaye, and Shaffer.

Oh and if anyone needed the nflshops.com coupon, its below (15% off your order, including jerseys):

Coupon Code: NFLcBQG

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Just bought myself a Jay Cutler jersey in navy blue. Can't wait to wear it around campus.

I ordered one last night. Didn't get the 15% off...could have saved myself almost $50...

I did however, get an email from UPS this afternoon saying they have received the tracking information, so it should be here by midweek next week...woooo

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)
I ordered one last night. Didn't get the 15% off...could have saved myself almost $50...

I did however, get an email from UPS this afternoon saying they have received the tracking information, so it should be here by midweek next week...woooo

You spent $330 on a jersey?

What recession!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 10:40 PM)
You spent $330 on a jersey?

What recession!

Actually, it was $310.14 (I know, ridiculous).

That's what kind of fan I am...:)

Honestly, I moved to Vegas this past year and so I don't get to spend as much time around the teams I love anymore...it's important to me to be able to keep my Chicago roots as much as possible, and sometimes that means wearing a Sox or a Bears jersey in a town without a team...

For the best interests of the Bears, I have decided NOT to by a Jay Cutler jersey. After I buy a named jersey, within a year they ether get injured, traded, or start sucking. Here is a list: Frank Thomas, Andres Galarraga (1997), Brian Urlacher (2005), Kordell Stewart (Right before he came to the Bears), Damon Stoudamire (before he was traded to Portland), Michael Jordan (bought 23.... he retired the first time. Bought 45... he went back to 23)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 09:59 AM)
For the best interests of the Bears, I have decided NOT to by a Jay Cutler jersey. After I buy a named jersey, within a year they ether get injured, traded, or start sucking. Here is a list: Frank Thomas, Andres Galarraga (1997), Brian Urlacher (2005), Kordell Stewart (Right before he came to the Bears), Damon Stoudamire (before he was traded to Portland), Michael Jordan (bought 23.... he retired the first time. Bought 45... he went back to 23)

Did you recently purchase a Joe Mauer jersey? ;)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 10:27 AM)
my Pastor, who is a Cubs fan, asked me to buy jerseys of all the cubs opponents. I declined. :) May have to pick up a zambrano though ;)

You might be able to take up some donations from around Soxtalk for his and guys such as Morneau, Gil Meche, Miguel Cabrera, Cliff Lee, etc. :lol:

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
Anyone have any deals, I found a 15% coupon code for NFL shops for anyone who wants to buy a Cutler jersey. I just want to get a white one cause i"ve never had a white Bears jersey (I currently own navy version of Grossman/McNown/Urlacher).

If you go on Ebay you can get an authentic one for like 70 bucks. Now Im assuming they have to be knock offs because of the price, but Ive gotten one and know quite a few others that have and they seem perfect to me. They have everything stiched on and even the elastic down the sides. They already have Cutler jerseys as well.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:08 PM)
If you go on Ebay you can get an authentic one for like 70 bucks. Now Im assuming they have to be knock offs because of the price, but Ive gotten one and know quite a few others that have and they seem perfect to me. They have everything stiched on and even the elastic down the sides. They already have Cutler jerseys as well.

I agree.

Knockoff + 250 Bucks in my pocket > Authentic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
Those knockoff jerseys are hideous. You're better off buying the official replica for the same price or the premier for $100 which is like the "swingman" NBA jerseys.

It depends where you buy it from. There are vendors on ebay where you can not tell the difference at all. I currently do not own a knock off, but an actual authentic Urlacher. My cousin owns a knockoff Forte and I was pretty pissed off that you could not tell the difference.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
As someone who used to work at a sports store, I can tell. Now, the jerseys are sewed differently. It's like the orange overlaps the white in a way. It's hard to explain.

I could not tell.

and.... I knew a guy, who knew a guy, who worked at Dicks Sporting Goods.

Different vendors have different knockoffs. I'm sure there are some out there that are so bad that the names are misspelled. On the contrary, there are some with very minimal differences.

I would advise looking at the vendors feedback before anything.

and some people may think this is wrong to do (I'm not saying it is right), but to me, it is no different than downloading free music or movies etc.

It's not something I've done, but I am debating on dropping $50-75 on ebay for a Cutler.

I have a standing rule that if I'm spending over $80 on a jersey, it will be of a non-active player.

Too many people waste money on jerseys only to have that player be sucky or get traded.

I don't have that kind of money to waste.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
As someone who used to work at a sports store, I can tell. Now, the jerseys are sewed differently. It's like the orange overlaps the white in a way. It's hard to explain.

I posted picks of an Olsen jersey that I bought for $70 bucks. Ive taken it to places that sell authentic ones and it is exactly the same. Ive seen bad ones, but there are some that are good. They very likely could have been made the same place Reebok has them made and just sold illegally instead of turning them over to Reebok.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 11:29 PM)
I posted picks of an Olsen jersey that I bought for $70 bucks. Ive taken it to places that sell authentic ones and it is exactly the same. Ive seen bad ones, but there are some that are good. They very likely could have been made the same place Reebok has them made and just sold illegally instead of turning them over to Reebok.

Like I said

Your Jersey and $250 in beer money > Authentic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)

There's too much white on the GSH stripes on the sleeves and the number 82 on the back looks different. Just saying.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 07:39 AM)
There's too much white on the GSH stripes on the sleeves and the number 82 on the back looks different. Just saying.

PhotobucketPhotobucketThe color is different on the replicas but whats different about the numbers?