Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
If the Bears can get Boldin for a second and Hester... they better do it like RIGHT NOW!!

the bears would lose his bloated salary too... i don't know how much money was given to him as a signing bonus, but if they could get rid of guaranteed money, and give it to Boldin -- it might make sense.

Still... we'd still only have 1 receiver I dunno, and trading Hester seems odd to me for some reason.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
If the Bears can get Boldin for a second and Hester... they better do it like RIGHT NOW!!

I think its too much to give up. If you get a 3rd back in the deal than I'd consider it, but Boldin has too many health risks to me. Plus wouldn't there be some serious cap implications with the trade or would it be easy to actually move Hesters contract (I assume he got a big signing bonus though and all of that would hit the cap this year which I guess the Bears could afford but they'd also have a lot of guaranteed money going to Boldin for his new contract as well as the money probably going to CUtler if he does a good job this year).

Oh I would trade Hester for a more proven WR, but than again, I'd rather have Braylon than Boldin. Braylon has had less production but overall I like him more for some reason, mainly because I think the price is less.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
the bears would lose his bloated salary too... i don't know how much money was given to him as a signing bonus, but if they could get rid of guaranteed money, and give it to Boldin -- it might make sense.

Still... we'd still only have 1 receiver I dunno, and trading Hester seems odd to me for some reason.

It is tough to do that in the NFL though. I'd liek the deal a lot more if you could just clear a ton of salary like it works in baseball, but I don't think you'd get much benefit for moving Hester financially speaking. Could be wrong though.

Raiders bombed that pick. Don't get me wrong they needed speed but how can you pass up Maclin and Crabtree who are both better.

If Crabtree doesn't get picked as a Jaguar my Packers could possibly get Crabtree :)

Not that they need him but how sick would a WR corp of Jennings, Driver, Jones, Crabtree and Nelsen be.

Realistically, should pick Rajii, Orakpo or Jenkins. Could also use a Michael Oher. Should get one of those five hopefully.

I highly doubt Hester is dealt, unless they get a 1st rounder and even than I question how the Bears will benefit from the move unless they want to save money. Hester can make it as a WR or at least has a better shot than most of the WR's available. Now if there is a defensive player or something else they really love than I'd be okay .

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
If Crabtree doesn't get picked as a Jaguar my Packers could possibly get Crabtree :)

Not that they need him but how sick would a WR corp of Jennings, Driver, Jones, Crabtree and Nelsen be.

I would love for the Packers to select Crabtree... perfect way to waste a pick.

It's interesting to see how the Jags couldn't find a suitor for Crabtree at 8... they were really looking to trade down and couldn't find a trade partner for him... maybe because the Pack are unlikely to select him they were asking for too much?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
You mean Shaun Hill isn't a franchise QB?

At least hes serviceable for a while

Crabtree would be a big help for them and hey, there will be some good QBs available next year if they bomb anyways.

Oh, and the Raiders are such a waste of a franchise.